Age of Extinction is the Best Film of the Series

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatross, Dec 10, 2017.

1. agent j 15

agent j 15 Unfuckwittable

Jeez dude did a film major cuck you or something? You know for someone who's all "No hard feelings" you sure were being a dick right there.

And no, what makes someone like a movie is subjective. I'm not claiming to know better than anyone else, I mean I think Ang Lee's Hulk is an amazing movie dude, I got no room to talk, I'm just saying when you look at the basic qualifications of a "good" movie (a plot and characters that make sense) the first one is the only one that fits the bill. Didn't mean it as an insult so you got no reason to take it as one.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross I'm a dankster! Veteran

You know, I'm glad you're starting to like it.

Galvatross: This, Farquaadus, is beauty. Posting cinematic blasphemies with precision and care.

Farquaadus: It will take Cinemasins centuries to recover.

Galvatross: Only centuries? Are you trolling? Then perhaps my post is not finished.

3. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I even have been evoked:)  Wait, and someone ordered me not analyze Movies?! Why it's not prohibitted for @Galvatross?:lol :mad  I always say that TF Movies deserve deep analyze! They become much more interesting, if you think about them! I would be glad to see at least one "proffecional" critic doing that, but it seems they are actually not so proffecional:lol 
    You'll find many people who like AOE here. And many Movie fans in general According to census we have about 60 ones;)  I personally can't say that AOE is the best, because, as I said many times already, I love and cherish all 4 films, each has something unique, that others hadn't. Also they came in different periods of my life and brought extremelly important pieces of my life experience. They grew with me. But yeah, AOE has something very appealing for me, because of more TF screentime and very specific atmosphere of small tight world shrinked under the pressure of enormous hostile universe outside. I feel this atmosphere is similar to ROTF in some places, where Decepticons hordes come unexpectedly from the external universe too. And of course deep-deep meaning, I always enjoy it in the Movies! I always enjoyed the portrayal of Sam in OT, but when AOE switched off the focus more to Autobots, I was pleased even more!!! And also the Movie is increadibly inspiring!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Silvia

Silvia Well-Known Member

True! There are a lot of quotes throughout the franchise that are quite inspiring ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

As a film, I'd agree; it's just that AoE is still a really, really bad film.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :eek:  Why do you hate it so much??? Although, I can't say that I adore it, but it was very important scene. It shows how little young people think about what actually they do and shows how little some parents care about their children (Shane's comment about his farther).

7. agent j 15

agent j 15 Unfuckwittable

It's just unbelievably creepy and comes off as a writer trying to justify his attraction to high school girls or something. If it was mentioned in passing that's SLIGHTLY better, if they didn't mention it at all that's ideal, but it's the fact that the entire movie pauses to discuss it AND Shane has the FUCKING CLAUSE LAMINATED IN HIS WALLET that makes it as painful and weird as it is

• Like Like x 3
  8. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Haha, it wasn't a trying to justify this - it was an irony:lol  It's obvious, because of Cade's question "Do you know, what was in the end?" "Love" - Tessa reply, "Death" - Cade say.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galva Prime

Galva Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It’s definitely the one I enjoy watching most.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Galvatross I don't really care about your opinion simply because there are already so many opinions out there about AOE...

But what I do respect is that you formulate your opinion in a very polite and mature way and with a logical structure and that... that is something I really appreciate.

• Like Like x 5
  11. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I'll tell you what, you make some good points. My problems with the film stem from criminal underuse of the Dinobots and Galvatron, some seriously uncomfortable jokes surrounding Tessa, and the human protagonists coming across as too unlikable most of the time (Cade had his moments, but Tessa was a load until the final battle with Lockdown, and Shane was a spineless coward). I can give the Autobots a pass since they were betrayed and hunted like animals.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Galvatross

I was fine with the usage of Galvatron and the Dinobots. The Dinobots were never implied to be the focus of the story. There was zero indication from interviews or trailers that this film was going to have a Dinobot-focused story. They were only shown in action scenes in China and Hong Kong. If any fan thought the main focus of the film was going to be Dinobots, that is on them. They were the cavalry, not the main characters.

Furthermore, the Dinobots get a lot more screen time in Age of Extinction than, well, lots of other robots in the other four films, including some that get praised by this fandom. It's not like 2007 Starscream or RotF Soundwave or DotM Shockwave were used more; they were used less. Not to mention Bonecrusher, Blackout, Sideways, Jolt, Sideswipe, Dino, Q, Ravage, TLK Dinobots, Dragonstorm, Megatron's TLK crew, Infernocus, Daytrader, etc. all get used much less than the Dinobots in AoE.

And Galvatron, while he doesn't appear on screen as much as Lockdown, still plays a HUGE role in the plot and actually drives much of the story forward. He has an explanation as to how he comes into being, he is shown as being competent, and Welker does an excellent job voicing him. Once again, he appears a lot more than many other robots in the other films and is definitely more important to the plot than the vast majority of robots in the film series. It's a shame there was no mention of him in TLK.

Tessa was fine for the most part. Not perfect, but fine and not as bad as she's made out to be. Shane I'm not a fan of, but as time goes on I tolerate him more and more. He's kind of just there most of the time.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    It really seems like they were trying to set up Galvatron for what could have been a very different Transformers 5, with him as the main villain. Guess we will never know...

• Like Like x 3
  14. Galvatross

I think this is likely the case. I suspect that film would have had more of a sci fi feel than The Last Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Furnace

Furnace The original Starscream

The more time goes by, the more I find I enjoy AoE more than the other films, if for no other reason than this scene here:

It's a wonderful reprisal to this scene from '07.

At its core, AOE is a redemption story and this is the turning point. Here, at the end of his rope, stripped of his home, his friends, his ideals, Optimus finds his old noble spirit reflected in the words of a human, a member of the race he bled to protect; the very race he planned to abandon. And in that moment, he remembers who he was and who he truly is.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I feel this "why?" will be in my mind till my last day.

17. Russian fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Please, read my post here Let's speak about TF1! Autobots were going to fly away even in DOTM, but they never abandoned and will never abandon us. How many times your parents said that they are tired to tolerate you and will leave tomorrow? Mine said 1000 times. No one is insured from anger, but wisdom and love will never die inside us.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  18. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Great analysis, I agree on everything here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lukelbs

Lukelbs "We sleep inside this machine."

Ebay:
    I wish more people had this attitude! Awesome!

I personally have had my struggles with AoE but with the points made in this thread, I need to rewatch it and watch it on sequence.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Galvatross

Thanks! There's always more than one way to look at things.

• Like Like x 2