Age of Extinction definitely felt like the "season 3" of the movies *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Did anyone else get that vibe?

The first three movies were all pretty "same-y", they're kind of like the G1 "seasons 1 and 2" of the movie universe.

Now with the fourth movie, it's an entirely new human cast, with a few of the old Transformers returning, and of course a lot of new Transformers out of nowhere (and some of the older established ones just completely gone lol). So it's kind of like the G1 "season 3" of the movie universe.

Not that that's a bad thing, it's good to keep things fresh. Not gonna lie though, I really did miss Shia and I thought it was weird how Optimus didn't have like a quick throwaway line about how or why they left Sam and co. or what happened between them.

And Ratchet getting destroyed was really heart-breaking. That was like the "Instruments of Destruction" scene from the G1 movie of this movie.

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    New Transformers appearing out of nowhere isn't any different from the first three films.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

It definitely managed to bring a much different feel to it, despite obviously being a Michael Bay movie. I agree that does feel "fresh" compared to the other three.

It is when the new Transformers are actual characters.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yeah I know. Or the original cartoon :lol 

Also, all the talk of their "creators", which of course in the show were the Quintessons, which were heavily featured in the third season. I wonder if they'll go the Quinetesson route for the fifth movie or something completely new.

5. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except in the film series "season 3" is the better era