After transformers 3, would anyone like another transformers film based on cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Oct 9, 2010.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

It will not be a long has I will give it to everyone else to give their view on this topic. Would anyone love to see a film after transformers 3, based on megatron and optimus prime's planet cybertron. Or is making the next film on cybertron unworkable for directors? some say they need humans to make the film work I disagree, and having the film based on just the transformers would seem like a glorified animation film.

But say they make another film where it takes everyone to cybertron, how could it be done right. For me I would love the film based on the home plant of the autobots and the decepticons.

2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I think the trilogy is enough.

3. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    This trilogy will be called Transformers : Earth trilogy, because all three films are probably based around Earth.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're not going to see a theatrical release of a Transformers film set exclusively on Cybertron/in space - there's not enough demand for a film that has *no* human/earthbound connections for a film company to justify it.

All other sci-fi movies that aren't set on earth all have humans in it. Avatar, Alien, Star Wars etc have aliens aplenty, but also human involvement, and often very human-like aliens too.

The best hope we have would be for a bunch of direct-to-dvd films sort of like what Marvels done with some of their characters. Then again, Transformers sole purpose is to sell toys so I don't really see this as being a financially worthwhile opportunity for Hasbro to endeavor. So don't count on it.

5. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

It wouldnt work, so it wont happen. Would be nice to see a high-budget full length cgi or cel animation feature that goes straight to dvd or something though.
    But as a movie? No, it simply wont work.

6. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

It would be my dream to see a transformer movie on cybertron. WOuld be also nice to see how the cybertronians lived before the war started.

7. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lack of humans would probably make the studio push for exclusively celebrity voices for the robots.

I wouldn't like that, not because of a fanboyish need to hear the same voices coming out of characters, but because I support ordinary voice actors being able to actually practice their craft.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    no it would be all cgi and no one wants to see that. it won't make it live action anymore and if better if we just get a tv series. but i would rather see the series end at the 3rd movie.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As long as Bay is kept the hell away from that project, I think it definitely could work. I'm thinking someone like Ridley Scott would be a perfect choice.

Bear in mind, folks - the story need not necessarily lack humans. It could be set far into the future, with human space explorers wandering into Cybertronian territory and getting caught in the middle of the Autobot-Decepticon war.

10. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I'd rather have a game of that after the trilogy ends.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Because studios often listen to the demands of the public. Yeah.

That's why there are a bajillion rom-coms every year.

12. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

An entire film of photo-realistic CGI? It would cost a fortune!

Not to mention that we'd have to put up with nearly all the characters being stuck in their protoforms which have always struck me as rather poor.

If it looked like the War for Cybertron stuff I'd go though!

13. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well Hasbro has significant more funds from the transformers franchise, who knows they might do along the lines of DC at the moment and release awesome direct to DVD stuff. Like Under the Red Hood.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think you'd need some big changes to make it work.

The flashback in the first movie made it look like Cybertron was of a very limited color pallet. Combine that with the protoform look also being really limited in color and that's going to make the action pretty hard to follow since it can be a little hard to follow with the complexity of the robots even when the background is familiar Earth objects. So either the robots or Cybertron is going to need a huge make over.

It would also have to be more than just Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Starscream as characters. You are going need more robots to step up with more than just a few lines and the Decepticons are going to have to become characters and not just something to kill.

Given what you'd lose without using Earth vs what you'd gain with a nowhere but Cybertron film I think it's just better having the Transformers come to Earth.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I could go with that. Build a few real sets but have lots of CGI backgrounds as well. Enough movies have been made mostly or entirely on greenscreen sets that it's not impossible or prohibitively expensive anymore.
    I think it could gain a lot by putting little humans in the giant Transformers environment. And they couldn't call in an airstrike or rail gun whenever they fancied either.

16. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

But most of those films are nonetheless most likely focusing on regular actors in unusual spaces. Cybertron, populated as it is with hundreds of our titular robots would require the kind of animation budget only AVATAR has so far manage to extract from the studio system. A huge financial risk.

On a personal level I thought Cybertron and it's denizens looked like shit in the movies, but that's just me.

17. SwitchPrime

SwitchPrime Wrecker

Ebay:
    It would be awsome to see that but they wouldnt do that