After the Neo-FE is released?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hasbro has announced they plan to re-release the FE toys at some point, (or at least reuse the same molds). I'm assuming they will be mass released at all stores, rather than just TRU.

However, this will raise the standards for the toys considerably. People who are not collectors will notice the shift in quality. Will Hasbro pick up their socks and return to the FE styling of toys after the "Neo-FE" is released, with no gimmicks on Voyagers/Powerizers, larger sizes/piece counts, etc? Do you believe Hasbro will keep to their word and release the FE molds again or not?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    please, Hasbro isnt going to keep their word.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    They really don't have to. They hav'ent promised anything yet. Merely that their going to look for the right market to re-release the molds.Just like with the last few Animated Voyager molds. The market may never come up. But their trying for 2013. They'll offer it the retailers and if it gets the ok they will make the units.

I'm thinking it will be a store exclusive if it happens.

To answer the question. with PRID appearing to be the first run. Implying the designers could not fathom getting the models closer to how they appear onscreen until a second try, on molds that are older than they appear to be.Total outlandish conspiracy theory.
    In that case. It still only has a negligible impact.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish them luck getting them back on shelves but I don't expect it to happen.

And no, I don't think a supposed rerelease will affect the quality of anything post rerelease. Their existence apparently didn't impact the PRID line, so why would it do so after a rerelease?

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

In all fairness OP a child is going to be more likely to want the powerizers because they will be more impressed by the light up gimmick than the incredible engineering on FE Bulkhead for example. I was a kid when the Laser rods and laser cycles came out and for me it was all about the light gimmick.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I really doubt they will do it. They only said they'd try. Still, if they pull it out, everybody wins right?

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a kid I hated electronic gimmicks. In fact I hated most gimmicks. I was always annoyed that a couple of my Power Rangers had a flailing limb gimmick and thus were difficult to actually play with.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    The question here is, how much FE was released? Because if it is in the small quantity it was, it would be quite strange of Hasbro to invest so much in a mold only for it to be released in such limited quantity. My gut tells me we're going to see most of the FE molds again soon, most likely in different packaging.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This is what I've been thinking too, and why I rarely assume that we're never gonna see shit again. I wouldn't count on it being very timely, but I'd be willing to be that we'll be seeing em some time in the future, be it as a slight repaint, reissue, combo pack, etc, something.

10. Kaymac

I feel, just like most, that Hasbro has made some bad decisions as of late. But they got some of the Animated toys out a while back, so they might be able to do First Editions as well.

I believe it's actually the retailers that are to blame for the lack of FE Prime toys.

"Okay we don't want Prime we want movie!"
    "Okay we don't want movie we want Prime!"

I hope what Hasbro does is not simply rerelease them, but make new packaging (since they aren't really "First Editions" anymore), and release them as the start of a brand new line, near the end of Season 2 when there are a lot more characters to make as toys. A return to a larger scale with less gimmicks.

11. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    They are likely just going to throw the deluxes into Generations, and the Voyagers will not be released.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Oh there's that too - people often bring up Blackout or Voyager Thundercracker but they forget Rodimus, Arcee and Ironhide came out when the line was pretty much long dead; they had to find a way to put these toys in stores.

13. Kaymac

I suppose this, but the problem is the FE toys were released before the toys started getting really tiny, so I don't know if they will be the same value.

But if this is the case, screw it, getting the Bee and Starscream two pack coming out, as I already have Arcee.

I am very satisfied with the "Revealers" for the most part, but Hasbro needs to get their act together on the Powerizers. Bulkhead looks nowhere near Accurate, and his light-up weapons is the worst things spawned by "MechTech" since it's inception.

14. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would like to think that Vangelus was right when he said that the RID boxes were probably placed on top of the FE boxes at the warehouse.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I know, right? Soundwave and Cliff are epic, I hear a lot of good about Wheeljack, Arcee looks great, Knock Out is a buy for the most part, but all the Powerizers SUCK except for the Decepticons. Bulkhead looks like a big green square... but the legs are good.
    Optimus has that big ugly cape, the horrible painting and clear forearms.

16. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The truth^ And even if they do re-release FE they'll still be exclusives and poorer quality than the current line, that is if they plan to mass produce them along w/ RID and Generations which I doubt they will.

17. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When did this happen?

I remember the smoke for fans bungholes a few days back, but that never said anything is going to happen at all.

18. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    if i was hasbro i would put all unrealesed toys into genrations its the best place for them

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It has nothing to do with keeping their word, imo. They said they'd TRY, and they probably will. But I think they tried last time, too, and it didn't work out. So...

Yeah, this is what makes the most sense to me. The FE toys were originally going to be released as part of Generations, and I think that is what they should have stuck with, rather than trying to do a dedicated line before they were ready. If they can include the FE toys among the 40 Generations they supposedly have coming, I think that would make most people happy.

20. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, although I don't necessarily believe it, I do wonder that there may be some of these sitting in TRU warehouses waiting to get distributed, but I bet it's not many. I would not be surprised if they randomly started just showing up though. The time it takes from production to 'product on shelf' is at least 6-8 months.

Did you realize that the "revealers", "powerizers", and "weaponizer" titiles were something not meant by hasbro to be official, right? They were names that slipped through the cracks and just picked up by the retailers. This was confirmed by the Hasbro rep at Toy Fair. They are simply deluxe, voyager, and Leader.

Dude, every time I see your posts, I picture the words coming from your avatar's mouth and it just makes me giggle. I know you are genuine, but if I didn't already know that, it would be hard to take you seriously :lol