After the earthquake...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neo-Bombshell, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well guys, ti's been a loooong time not posting on the general discussion section, but I wanted to share this experience with you.

As some of you should now, last wednesday there was an earthquake here in Peru. The destruction has benn terrible, and 2 cities of the south of Peru have dissapeared completely. Until today, we have more than 500 victims and thousand of people have lost their houses.

That day I was on a taxi, just a few minutes to get home. We weer on the higway when the car started to shake, so the driver stoped since he thought it was a problem with the car.

In that moment, we all realized that the car was still shaking like a big jelly. It was about 6.40 pm, we got out of the car and we notices how everything was shaking! It was terrible, then all the lights went off, and we saw a strange light of several colors over the sky. We tried to call our realtives but all communications were imposible. The shaking continued, it was incredible, it lasted about 3 MINUTES.

After those terrible moments, we asked the driver to rush to the town. Everything was completely dark, and we saw a lot fo cars.

Once we got to the main avenue, we saw all people running to everywhere... it was completely dark... all people crying and shouting... in my mind was a fixed image of my house completely destroyed with my wife and my son inside it. I was shocked, I prayed God to find them alive. My mother and my sister were inside a restaurant that my mother cleans all weekends and I thought all the windows could have broken and fallen ove them.

I arrived near my house and I started to shout. My 5-year-old son recognized my voice and called me aloud. He was with my mother at the corner. I hold him like never did before and we rushed home. Fortunately, my wife and my siter where there, comlpetely safe. I kissed my wife like never befoer too, and them we hold each other, crying.

The worst part came at night. I live in Pucusana, a small port at the south of Lima the capital of Peru. The epicenter of the earthquake was in Ica, a city 180 km by the south of Lima. We had a tsunami alert. during the 70's there was another earthquake and that time most old people remeber that the sea covered all the way to the half of the town. My house is just about a few steps to the beach. We had to wait in the living room, with the backpacks ready, in case the danger increased.

Fortunately, a few hours laters the goverment said that the tsunami alert had been cancelled. But anyway the waves were very high that night.

We had no electricity for 4 days, no water for 5 days. Fortunately my house was intact as most of the houses in my town, but the destruction in the south has been terrible. Hundreds of people have died, some of them inside a church that collapsed during tha mass and it was full of people. All houses in a town called Pisco were destroyed, that place has dissapeared completely and families there have no food nor a place where to sleep.

This was an experience I will never forget. Those minutes I was on the taxi trying to get home, not knowing anything of my family and thinking about them buried inside my house.

I hope none of you will have to experience those terrible feeling and sorrow. I was lucky none of my realtives were hurt or dead. Countless families here cry for their losses.

Thanks.

2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    My condolences for your loss and I send my best wishes for a rapid recovery to "normal life".

3. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    God bless.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Glad to hear you're okay. From reading what you wrote, you sir, are VERY VERY fortunate to be alive. Not only did you, your family, and your house dodge the possible deadly effects of the earthquake; but you also dodged the possibility of a killer tsunami. You are one lucky man.

As for the other people of Peru, my prayers go out to all of them.

5. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I'm glad to hear you and your family are okay. Touching story. Goood luck !

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was in the '89 earthquake in the Bay Area. I know exactly how you feel and I am glad you and your family are safe.

My friend left Peru only a couple of hours before the earthquake hit. He went there with his wife for a week's vacation. Freaked him out good.

7. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Thanks averybody for your kind replies!

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Shit...

Damn, that sucks royally and I wish I could help you out right now. My wishes and prayers go out to you, your family, and all of those injured and killed by the Earthquakes.

9. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I'm glad to hear that you, your family, and even your house is okay. My condolences to those who weren't so lucky in the earthquake. I really hope everything goes back to normal around there soon. :(