After TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Are they gonna make more movies in theatres?

They need to give them the smooth faces, I cant explain what I mean but you know what I mean....
    Why cant they do that?
    those faces etched on my brain for years...on the big screen? done in an awesome way with homage to the OG fans!!?
    I am drooling an hoping....

You know what I mean...

2. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

TF: P got butt-smooth faces:) 

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

At this point no-one knows what will happen after TF3 in regards to Transofmrers on the big screen.
    They might reboot it, and in doing so give the robots completely new designs. Or they might just wait a few years and do a prequel/sequel with different director, actors etc. It's all just speculation really.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's not that they can't do it, it's that the people working on this particular franchise didn't go that specific route. I seem to remember it being discussed in the very beginning, but the thinking was that the faces would more or less have to be "liquid metal", and it didn't make much sense to have a liquid metal face and a rigid metal everything else.

That's a logical enough explanation for me.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I hope they take a bit of a break after this.

Not that I don't want to see more films sometime in the future or that I wouldn't love to see the films take some new creative direction in a lot of areas. It just feels like things would burn out if you have to deal with a big film release every two years.

Just seems so much of the good stuff comes between films. Hybrid figures and cool generations stuff. Then a movie comes out and we will be flooded with figures like Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Ratchet that people already have.

Might even be cool to see what they can do with Transformers Prime toys if Hasbro doesn't have to stop to make movie figures. I know CGI cost might limit the cast on the show but that would not stop Hasbro from giving characters the Prime treatment.

6. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

I recall hearing that it also had to do with making the TFs look more alien. I don't remember the statement verbatim, but needing to make the TFs look more realistic with realistic size shifts and transformations forced the look of their bodies. The "smooth", more humanoid face didn't match up with the motif then, plus it subtracted from the alien look Bay was going for.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Even if they change the story, I hope they keep 2 things 1) The design of the robots [including facial structure] and 2) Not being giant fanservice to Geewunners.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I completely agree with this. I hate this "LET'S START A REBOOT RIGHT AWAY!!!" trend. I say take a 5 year break MINIMUM and focus on other aspects of the property.

9. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    proboly after a few years somone will want to make some more money off of the franchise and do a new movie, most likely in a new continuity.

i agree with you rogzilla i hate it when they think "we need to make more money from it. reboot the story and make another film". i like it when films and tv series all fit together in continuity with each other like all the star trek tv shows. but like star trek it eventually has to restart. but at least give it a few years before u do so.

pretty sure it wone be the last we see of the transformers on the big screen

10. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

Hey hey, hope playwrights can go further by innovation and not too far from the classic animated stories.

11. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's not what 70% of haters want to see in a reboot.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I think five years should be the minimum. I like seeing what a reboot can do but they just feel kind of wrong if they come around too quickly.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No.

14. ChicageauxTiger

ChicageauxTiger Geaux-Bot

News Credits:
    Just aspire to make GREAT Transformers movies, Hollywood! :thumbs2: