After Market Transformers Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusAndy, Mar 18, 2012.

1. OptimusAndy

OptimusAndy Wrecker

With Crave going down and Ebay's prices going up, what have you guys had the most success in purchasing G1 aftermarket TFormers?

Recently, I've started looking at big ticket items like some of the Japanese figures like Overlord and Victory Saber. Ebay's prices seem astronomical when it comes to these. I just want to make sure that I'm being a smart consumer when it comes to investing in the more expensive items.

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    What's going on with Crave?

First time I've ever heard of it but if it's already closing up or something, I'll pass :lol 

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Right now Ebay is really your best bet, you might score a deal at botcon if you are planning on attending. those figures almost never show up at online retailers/resellers and when they do they sell very quickly.

4. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Ebay prices for Japanese G1s are indeed high. I was fortunate enough to get most of mine from a high-end collector that was on his way out.

However, I have also found some good deals on Yahoo Japan:
    G1 <

You need to go through a third party if you want to buy off of YJ, you can't have it shipped to the US without it. Here's what I used:
    Shopping Mall Japan - Japanese Purchasing, Auction, and Shopping Service! (USA too!)

Only thing with Yahoo Japan is that it is hard to browse and you need to bookmark items instead of having a watch list like eBay. Making sense of the descriptions can be tricky too. I recommend you use Google-Translate to at least get an idea of what they are talking about. It's not perfect, but it's better than just having the pics to judge from:
    Google Translate

Also, keep an eye out in Junkion Exchange, some jems pop up there once every so often:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the prices you see on Yahoo Japan are in Yens.. don't want you to have a heart attack there.. :lol 

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Very very helpful tips there, Hyper. thanks and you rock. :thumb :

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hey no problem bud :) 

@OptimusAndy: You can also contact Bodhar2000 and Automorpher.
    They are overseas sellers that might be able to hunt down certain pieces for you.
    WSX knows what I'm talking about here :p 

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  7. OptimusAndy

OptimusAndy Wrecker

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll be sure to investigate all these options before I decide to make a purchase.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    ^Oh for sure! ;)