After "Journey"

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by uglymike, Aug 4, 2012.

1. uglymike

uglymike New Member

I would love to see a sequel to "Journey" (yes a sequel to a game that does not exist yet) where High Moon remakes the storyline to the original 1986 movie including all of the scripted but never animated parts of the original movie. This includes all of the censored and removed scenes from the movie such as Ultra Magnus being dismembered by the Sweeps, Red Alert and Mirage's deaths and Shockwave being crushed by Unicron. Taking part in some of the epic battles such as Prime v Megatron, Hot Rod v Galvatron (rise of Rodimus Prime) and of course the free for all during Unicron's assault on Cybertron would be awesome.

This in essence would allow High Moon to leave G1 untouched (pre-movie) and take the franchise in a new direction for later sequels. I think this would be the ultimate homage to fans, especially of G1.

I understand that Hasbro are looking to fill some gaps in the Transformers continuity with these games but re-doing the brutality of the original movie in an interactive environment with updated visuals, in the style that High Moon have pulled off so beautifully, to me would be the ultimate homage.

2. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Sounds good to me.

Mike you're looking less ugly by the second.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Sounds OK to me

4. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

I am going to be that guy and bring up the aligned continuity. people seem to keep forgetting it exists and anyone who acknowledges it say "oh its too confusing" no it isnt. the games are connected to prime which is connected to the hall of fame bios. big whoop. while i wish fall of cybertron was its own continuity. it cant be denied that its still connected to prime.

5. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    It's connected to Prime and every single other continuity. This includes G1. It has been stated multiple times that Hasbro gave HMS the go ahead to make the games to serve as the history/official canon to all of Transformers. Hasbro is trying to retcon everything we know to fit these games. They want a single history to united every continuity past, present, and future.

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thank you!

7. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

well that makes more sense why people keep talking about it like that. i'm surprised i havent heard about this, but thank you for explaining this to me. i feel like it just makes more contradiction to the story than it does clear things up