After Dotm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jolt Customs, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

Do you think after DOTM hasbro will go back and make toys from the movie that they didnt do? (such as leader bonecrusher or leader blackout)

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no

3. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, doubt we'll see a lot of "big" toys for movie chacaters post movie. Maybe a few deluxes here and there but once the movie trilogy is done I doubt we'll see too many new movie toys.

4. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Considering the way Hollywood has been dealing with franchises, after the third movie, the series gets a reboot with a new director and cast. This is happening with X-Men and Spider-Man.

That means more products for Hasbro which means more money.

Buuuut....I agree with "no". Hasbro will focus on TF: Prime.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not at all.
    After Dotm we will have either Prime or Generations or something completely different

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Honestly I don't think we'll see anymore TF Movies for a while,since I know all the big producers and directors are busy with TV Shows and such,besides remember it took 3 or 4 years for them to make the first movie back in '07,it'll take that long for them to do everything.So I say don't expect another TF Movie for atleast 5 years from now if its done by someone other than Bay.

Also I think Hasbro themselves probably would like a break from the movie-verse,since 1.they're not on a time schedule after this movie and 2.they can put more time into other lines like Classics and Prime that are more kid oriented (which after all is what Hasbro is based upon,not Giant construction vehicles with certain parts hanging off him in Devastator Mode).So all in all I hope Hasbro will take a break from the movie biz atleast for a few years.Later all.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yep, post-DotM will be Generations, Prime, and a shitload of repaints!!! :D 

8. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

If they're planning these figures, I don't think it would make sense to wait making them.

9. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I think the most they could do is to either CHUG-ized them, start an anniversary series, or do Movie Masterpieces on them.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

We're never getting leader Blackout. Move on.

11. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I can see nothing but DOTM figures flooding the shelves for a year & a half or so. After that, They'll probably give the remaining repaints some spin-off name (think Allspark Power, Hunt for the Decepticons etc.) & that will carry us through to the 4th Movie. :/

Plus, Throw in Classics 4.0 somewhere in there aswell to keep us old-timers happy... :lol 

12. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You're forgetting about Prime toys.

13. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I doubt it. I don't see Hasbro continuing on with DOTM after all the movie-appearing characters have toys released. They squeezed out the Movie lines for nearly 4 straight years, I think both Hasbro and the fans are done with the Movie toys.

Bring on more Classics-verse toys and TF: Prime.

14. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    i hope they would do blackout & bonecrusher.

15. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Time for a lost cause forum, somewhere people can endlessly speculate on subjects such as.

1) Hasbro MP Thundercracker.
    2) Remaining Animated toys, and the horror of having to spend a whole extra $35.00 to get Blackout online.
    3) Leader or HA Blackout, Leader Bonecrusher,
    4) When will Wal-Mart stock Voyager, or bigger, size classes of the remaining Constructicons, and how soon will they be on sale for 5.00 each?

Meanwhile, the rest of us can get on with what Hasbro are actually going to release.

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Nah, Id much prefer to wait for newer stuff besides movie toys.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Add Voyager Galvatron and Thunderwing to that list.

18. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess is its Movie stuff for a year to 18 months after DOTM, then Prime toys will take spotlight, with Generations supplementing that, and maybe a third sub line at some point few months later.

DOTM will be the last movie for a while so they will want to push everything they can and saturate as much as they can before the inevitable drop off that will follow.

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    The movie toys are like a massive clot choking the toy aisles here. I don't think retailers will want too many more Bumblebees or Ironhides either. I don't see Prime living past the movie. My guess is that a new reboot will come and something like AEC will be it - lots of toys, many episodes. Plus we will get classic characters that haven't made the cut so far like Hoist, Trailbreaker, Shockwave, Insecticons etc.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given all the movie toys still on the shelves in lots of places my guess is Hasbro and the retailers are likely thinking the movie ship has sailed. They will do a movie line just because it's almost a requirement of films with any kid appeal but then I think Hasbro will turn the focus toward Prime and perhaps something like Generations since that line lets them try ideas that might not support a full line on it's own.

At this point I'm not even sure if the third film will get as many waves as first two films.