After DOTM how would you want Hasbro to still sell Movie toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by netkid, Jun 23, 2011.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This got me thinking the other day, if Hasbro still wanted to sell movie toys after DOTM was over and done with, how should/could/would Hasbro sell Movie toys? What would their next "Allspark Power/Hunt for the Decepticons" post-movie line be?

Using already existing or known figures, I'd like to see them continue along with "Movie Moments" figure packs that focus on memorable scenes from the film trilogy (like what they usually do with Star Wars). This is nothing new to the movie toy lines, but I think they could dish out a few more before it's too late. They could take some of the best figures from the 3 toy lines(so far) and give them exclusive paint jobs(battle-damaged, premium, etc.) to reflect the scene they represent. They could be marketed as store exclusive sets. I won't include ideas for DOTM until after the movie has been released as to not spoil it for anyone.

For example:

ROTF "Forest Battle" set#1:
    Take the "battle hooks" version of Battle Blades Optimus Prime and do him all up in a battle-damaged "forest-battle" deco (black blaster marks, sliver scrapes, brown dirt marks, green grass stains) and give him a chromed matrix of leadership. Add in the unreleased HFTD Premium voyager Megatron(the one that came with the Legends Constructicons).

ROTF "Forest Battle" set#2:
    -A 2-pack consisting of a battle-damaged repaint of either ROTF voyager Starscream or DOTM deluxe Starscream retooled with removable arm battle-damage action, and voyager-class Grindor with retooled "rip-apart" head. Maybe add in a Human Alliance Sam figure too (if the deluxe-class Starscream is used).

Movie 1 "Autobots Arrival":
    -a 4-pack consisting of Protoform Optimus Prime, Jazz(retooled Protoform Prime), Ironhide(retooled Protoform Prime), and either a Protoform Ratchet or a 2007 Camaro BumbleBee figure (there's many BumbleBees to choose from). Each Protoform will have a "crash landing" paint job to represent dirt from impact and burn marks from atmospheric entry.

ROTF "I rise, you fall":
    -Premium paint job HFTD voyager-class Fallen(the one with the staff and removable mask) with matrix of leadership accessory and that voyager Optimus Prime with Jetfire armor that never saw release.

ROTF "No sacrifice, no victory":
    -4 pack of ROTF Legends Optimus Prime(battle damaged paint), Jetfire(battle damaged paint), DOTM Cyberverse Ratchet(desert sand effects), and Jolt(translucent blue plastic with lightning bolt deco).

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Those sound somewhat like potential store exclusives.

Im wondering if DOTM might just might run shorter than the last two...reducing or eliminsting a nest type line.

In the longer run, they could perhaps put the odd movie inspired toy.in generations or whatever its called next.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I want crystal versions of the DOTM Leader, Deluxe and Legion Class Bees. :) 

4. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

I want Hasbro to release the Sideways vs Arcee, Chromia, and Elita-One set seen at BotCon last year.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course I do. I'd love a Movieverse series of brand new designs of familiar characters that haven't appeared on-screen yet (G1 & Beast Era mainstays, Animated/Prime Bulkhead, Hot Shot, etc.).

6. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Heck yes.

A good place to start would be with all the comic/game only characters that they haven't touched on.
    I'd also like a new version of movie 1 Swindle, given some better joints and paint he'd be one of the best deluxes ever.

Though considering how much of a money printing monster the franchise has been for Hasbro I highly doubt it will go away any time soon. It'll probably even be revived in a couple of decades the same way G1 turned in to CHUG.

And that's assuming that elements of the movie style arn't going to bleed over in to almost everything else they make in the foreseeable future (which it most likely will anyway, and that's not a bad thing).

7. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    This and a new deluxe Jazz

8. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we may end up getting a few in the next Catch All/Generations/RTS line that's going to run with Prime, and future sagas.

I could see a new Deluxe Optimus, a Deluxe Sentinel, a Deluxe Shockwave, a Deluxe Megatron, perhaps an ROTF Constructicon or two, a new Deluxe Jazz perhaps.

I could also see Cyberverse utilizing some new molds. Maybe we'll end up getting a Movie Specific Revival line to get some of the stuff that we've always wanted as collectors, but never ended up getting because of the financial constraints of the film, like Voyager Bonecrusher.

9. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in my opinion?

It should all be forgotten and left to the past as with all the other former TF series.

10. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

Out the back of a van, preferably. Down by the river. Leave the shelf space for something I'll buy. :D 

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Something like HFTD where they mix in some Movie Universe toys with Classic inspired characters (as was done with Banzaitron & Axor)

Mostly I want some more Constructicons and a Deluxe The Fallen. I don't to many gift sets as they are often really hard to find.

12. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Since I really don't like the TFA aesthetic, I love it when they de-animate Animated figures. I think Lockdown and Lugnut turned out quite well.

EDIT: Also, SCRAPPER!

13. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell no. I like them, but I don't want to be buying them any time after the year 2012 unless another movie comes out.

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    They can include new movie characters in the Generations line (Thus ensuring better plastic and engineering) but the sooner the movie line goes away the better.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Agreed!

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They still make Star Wars toys don't they? Hasbro knows how to milk a movie for what its worth.

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I liked hunt for the decepticons as a concept while it was really just a continuation of NEST global Alliance. With the death of the fallen, and the self appointed exile of megatron.
    The cons had to remain in hideing, against the victorious autobots; pursuing to wipe them out. Either by their own destructive nature or the rage of starscream's commands to inspire it;
    The decepticons lashed out to cause mayhem and panic on earth.

What would I like the next offscreen movie continuation to be? Playing off the new themes in dark of the moon, I would go with their slant of an all out alien invasion.

NEST in partnership with the Autobots, creates specialized divisions not just for hunting down sleeper decepticons, but for derailing decepticon warships, and space bridges. While Megatron Elevates the forces required to conquer Earth by ordering the hardened Elite decepticon conquerers of distant worlds to now Destroy Earths Defenses.The decepticons and Autobots have battle patrol teams of four to six; that you can collect. Battle patrol members can be deluxes, scouts, or voyagers. The idea is to provide an atmosphere of building Heroic Units of Autobots as well as a crafty teams of professional decepticons to rival them.

There would be an additional badge tampographed on the figure (Normally just the faction badge) so you know what patrol they belong to. And the cardbacks could describe the team's purpose and the characters purpose in relation to his teammates and rivals.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  18. ike_ike

ike_ike Autocon

i would kinda like a system with the classics-ish line running parallel with the main media line. except instead of a pure classics aesthetic have a genuine generations type thing, with characters from every period getting updated. i really preferred the hybrid aesthetic guys like breacher and mindwipe more than either the classics or movie styles.

19. matmurdock

matmurdock Well-Known Member

Finish the movie cars in the Human Alliance line and make a Leader Ratchet. I will call it complete then.

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    More cyberverse. Want devastator but with commander sized constructicons. Legion jazz. Commander fallen with nemisis. Some new mech tech like the fallen based on his stealth design. Mech tech bulkhead. Voyager jetfire that can combine with hftd prime. A new ha sideswipe as a convertable and no backpack.