After comparing my universe figs.....(thoughts for food)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BairdimusPrime, Jul 26, 2009.

1. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i want a bigger grimlock for the universe line

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Then you want Masterpiece Grimlock.

3. eisen

i want a bigger grimlock that will not potentially kill my wallet. :D 

4. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Galvy was originally going to be a Voyager figure with 3 modes. Oh man, imagine him and Cyclonus in those size classes. Wow.

5. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I'm actually glad Powerglide is Ultra Class. If he was DLX it'd suck as he's a big jet. Scout would've been okay as when they're that small, it's not about scale, more about fun. But, a giant Powerglide was one of the best things in the Universe line.

6. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    i agree with alot of things you guys had to say.. i just have a gripe with ironhide being wayyy smaller than the twins in robot mode... and i really feel cons should only be produced as voyagers and up to really sell the bots as underdogs...

7. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too wish the seeker family was in a larger scale. I suppose the masterpiece starscream is an answer to that, but the price was a bit too high for me.

8. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I agreed that Galvatron, the Seekers, Octane/Tankor, Astrotrain, Cyclonus, well pretty much all the deluxe Decepticons should have been Voyagers. And kajobaldisimo made a good point Powerglide should have been a deluxe. Also personally I think Silverbolt and Onslaught sould have been voyagers. With Ironhide I think they should bring back the Mega size class for characters like him. Which should be that hard really Marvel Crossovers are in a somewhat Mega size class. Oh and I almost forgot Grimlock should have been either a Voyager or Ultra.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in the G1 catroon, the cons were the underdogs, they ran away after getting hit once, and all con's as voyager +? ouch, that would kill the wallet

10. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I don't see how that should really affect your wallet that much as seeing how there isn't that many Cons in each wave. What you get two maybe three Cons in a Universe wave that are new molds.

11. eisen

this. there are too few bad dudes in the universe line (the repaints don't count) that are in either voyager and deluxe classes

12. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    they were only underdogs cause its a kids show... had it not been the cons would have easily demolished the bots :) 

13. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Galvatron is supposed to be on par with Rodimus and shorter than Cyclonus. Thus his size is fine, it's just the engineering that sucks.

14. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. There really are too few Decepticons in both the Classics and Universe lines, regardless if they're repaints or original molds.

My other main gripe with the Universe line is that none of the Ultra Class toys appealed to me. Kudos to Hasbro/Takara for updating the characters, but they just weren't for me. It didn't help that they have electronic features - I never had much use for that.

I don't agree that Decepticon toys should, as a rule, be larger than the Autobots. That's just a convention for Animated to explain why so few Decepticons are around (multiple Autobots are required to take down one Decepticon).

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Galvatron will probably look shrimpy next to Rodimus when the FP Protector armor comes out. I may have to get my Energon Galvatron out of storage.

16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I know I'm parroting everyone else by saying the same thing, but seriously, we needed a better Galvatron. If he had been the same size as ROTF Voyager Megatron, that would have been an improvement. A larger Grimlock would have been awesome too. Powerglide I'm happy with for the size, but I would have liked him in red.

Cyclonus will always be just about everyone's favorite from the line, but I was just having the discussion on this....we needed a supreme class of Metroplex, or Fort Max, not just Unicron rehashes. And after the phenomenal job done with Cyclonus, we needed more targetmasters, headmasters and powermasters. Or maybe a recognition of Machine Wars.