After comparing my universe figs.....(thoughts for food)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BairdimusPrime, Jul 26, 2009.

1. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I just got my Henkei Red Alert in the mail 2 days ago... great figure but it made me realize that while some figs are amazing.. some have been shafted. Now its not many... but IMO some characters like sideswipe and sunstreaker are awesome couldnt complain about them if i wanted to but others such as Ironhide i feel really would have benefited from a voyager mold instead of a deluxe mold same goes for galvatron and the seekers... now I started this thread just to hear everyones opinions not to start a flame war or anything else so if you feel like you could contribute, please post your opinions here as to what characters would have benefited from an upgrade in scale... or a downgrade such as silverbolt as a deluxe and cyclonus with the ultra scale..

Also since we know we're getting new molds for prime and megs (larger than voyagers i believe the hasbro rep said at last years botcon) some characters on a larger scale wont be dwarfing them anymore
    thanks for your time everyone...

Bairdimus

2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    would agree for the uni. galvatron @ voyager size. but the seekers are a good size for me.

i think ironhide would look better as a voyager.

for example i think onslaught is a good voyager/ultra class size.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    The seekers are a fine size, along with Ironhide, but Galvatron needed a bigger size. We can only hope for 3.0.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would probably NEVER argue with the phrase "Could have been better as a Voyager", because USUALLY a larger size class can make for a better figure. I think they tried cramming too much into the deluxe Galvatron and that caused some issues, and I would say he should have been a voyager for sure. As for Ironhide, I love his mold for some reason. The cuts in his vehicle mode don't really bother me, and even his blue face is barely a distraction, and he is SO well articulated and does resemble himself pretty well. Again, he may have been better as a voyager, but he isn't one of the molds I would complain about.

5. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

agree, galvy should be as big as OP and Megatron. also hotrod is too small, i think he is the same size as BB. i would also love the seekers to be a bit taller, but they are great figures so i can't really complian too much.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Galvatron is the only one I really see a size issue with.

7. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

While the Universe line is my favourite line *ever*, it does have its flaws.

I'd like to have seen a Voyager Cyclonus rather than DLX, but the current version is still fantastic. Normally, I'd rather a different size class for scale issues (leader of the Cons is DLX height!?).

It's probably why I don't have Prime as he'll just be too small (although that KO Masterpiece Prime looks to be perfect!!!!).

Ironhide/Ratchet....what a waste of two great characters.

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

Galvatron should've been bigger, but Ratchet/Ironhide? Hell no. Why should an SUV be the same size as a semi cab (Classics Prime)?? Better figures, sure, but not bigger. If anything, they should've simplified the design a bit, and reduced the number seams in vehicle mode.

9. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron should be bigger, or a larger deluxe, the seekers mold is terrific for me, though Ironhide could use a bit of a better mold as well...I don't really think he needs to be bigger but just better.

10. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how about scale downgrade? i would have been happier with a deluxe Powerglide.

11. newguy

newguy i

Ironhide indeed should be a voyager.

12. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Ratchet need a new mold, but not voyager, that be too big especially considering the seekers are only deluxe. How about Hasbro just releases the voyager version of Energon Galvatron? That be perfect.

13. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Mmmmm...gonna go with 'no'. While 'bigger is better' seems to fit a lotta things, I don't think the Voyager class is all that great. The Deluxe size seems to offer the most in the way of articulation for bot modes and fun transformations. The best Voyager I've seen lately was ROTF Starscream, but his awkward arm articulation and hand placement really takes away from the fun factor of the figure, IMO. Strange articulation just doesn't seem to effect me as much on a smaller scale, such as ROTF Rampage's legs and arms. Still funky, but at that price point I can disregard it and concentrate on the cooler aspects far more easily.

I think Ironhide is a great mold and figure - 'cept mine has that retarded Universe 'sticky paint' issue. Sooner or later he's gonna get stickers in odd places cause I suck at painting. Galvatron, I think, just had too much going on. Theres so much kibbly gobble-guck that he looks drunk in bot mode and about to fall over and just...off...in alt mode. I'm not sure if a bigger size would have helped him out or just made him a more expensive disappointment.

It's awesome to get a bigger figure every now and then, but for the past few years, the Deluxes have just seemed to step up there game while the Voyager Class has stayed as 'hit and miss'. Deluxe Animated Blurr is one of the coolest figures I think I own and can kick you in the face while laying on the ground backward, but ROTF Demoliser - who's astetics I DO like - can only wobble there and wave backward hands at you.

That's just me though.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I really wish Galvatron and Ironhide/ Ratchet had have been Voyagers.

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I would have been happier to see Galvatron as an Ultra, and Powerglide as a scout or deluxe.

16. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

I have to say I agree, Galvatron bigger might have been better but most of the rest work well enough. And if more characters were bigger, they would be more expensive and less could be sold and I could afford fewer.

17. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Bumblebee and powerglide beachcomber brawn cosmos should have been scouts...
    Galvatron Onslaught sliverbolt should have been voyager.
    Ironhide would have dramatically been better with a different waist transformation and head looking up.
    Prowl and seekers twins are perfect. Sideswipe could have used a more accurate head. Hot Rod should have been a voyager with trailer upgrade to Rodimus Prime.
    Grimlock fucked up... new mold and Voyager sized.
    Octane and Astortrain perfect for 3 modes... I love the effort
    Inferno perfect.

18. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I agree with you on Galvatron as well, but not so much on the rest. I think Onslaught was oversized, I actually wasn't a big fan of the Ultra figs. I think the reason the seekers are deluxe is simply because it's easier for them to make and sell several recolors of the smaller figs than a voyager class fig. For Animated we're actually getting 4 color schemes for the voyager starscream mold, but I think that's a bit of an exception. I think Ironhide and Ratchet are a very good size compared to the other Autobots. And Cyclonus shouldn't be bigger than Galvatron. I think deluxe is a decent size for him, especially since the cyclonus we got is freakin awesome just the way he is.

19. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

To everyone saying that Galvatron should have been larger:

We FINALLY got a Galvatron toy that's the same size as Rodimus. Finally. These guys, in the G1 toon at least, stood eyeball to eyeball with one another. Now they can, after 20 some years. For that, I'm thankful.

If Galvatron gets a Voyager in the future, fine. But his wave mate should be Rodimus (Either Rodimus Major, Rodimus Prime, or Rodimus Convoy, I don't care) and a huge future truck of awesome. Those two should be at the same size all the time from now on. Then we got 'Hot Rod' in C1 Rodimus, and Rodimus (Prime/Major/Convoy) as the leader, both the same size as their nemesis.

And we all win.

Then we can all call our deluxe Galvatrons something else, make him Galvatron's clone and bodyguard, and have him fighting C1 Rodimus still. Even more fun!

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. But I'd prefer a galvatron repaint of the smaller voyager megatrons figure from Energon.

Aside from Galvatron, GRIMLOCK is the only one that needs a height adjustment :)