After all that - they're bringing back New Warriors - and I am "intrigued"

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Infosaur, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

The cover features a hero that somewhat resembles Speedball, but it is unknown if this is a girl or a really small skinny guy. (after all, Speedball was not big either.)

Baldwin is the only NW to survive Stanford,, but he's doing other things now.

Nova's in space.

Justice is an Avenger now and Firestar is underground IIRC, and most of the other NW's were small time to begin with.

Turbo and Darkhawk are in Loners with Julie Power (?!?) (gotta pick up that book!) But at the same time Power Pack seems to be in a non-continuity kiddy title co-staring with every Marvel hero under the sun. Very Archie & Veronica.

So not likely they'll be in the list.

So who is?

Two eX-X-Men, depowered since the House of M, Beak and Sofia Montoya. Hmmmm, Never liked Beak but Winddancer was one of the best things about New-New Mutants.

So blah blah, nice outfit, blah blah, does she wear that shirt outside?, blah blah, Ahh so with-out his mutant gene he's suddenly pretty hot hmmm? blah blah WTF!?!

Okay,,,, who the $%^& is playing Night Thrasher!?!?

A few speculations,,,,

Chord?
    Midnight's Fire?
    Silouhette?
    Bandit?
    Thrasher's clone that he kept for just such an emergency?
    Black Panther and Storm's Son from a possible alternate future? What do you mean it's been done?!?

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

For you spoiler...

was the Night Thrasher that died the original Night Thrasher? I thought it was someone else. The original Thrasher was pretty tough and cool and lead the team. The one in Civil War just seemed like a lackey.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

maybe its the new Speedball....

and will we be seeing Penance crossing paths with the new New Warriors ...

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I read this solely out of curiosity, but I enjoyed it enough that I'll be back for the next few issues. The return of Beak surprised the hell out of me; I'd forgotten that guy existed. No idea who's behind the Night Thrasher mask, but they've said that all the characters in New Warriors are previously established characters, so it's going to be someone familiar. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Yes, you do. This is a great mini-series. Buy it. Go Now!

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm waiting for a Loners TPB, I missed its debut and I'm a HUGE Darkhawk fan. :( 

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    O rly. I wonder if I can find my Darkhawk #1; I don't much want it.

8. Wreckgar

Darkhawk ruled. I picked up issues 1-25 for 25 cents each last year.

And Penance already appeared in the book. He was on a poster advertising cola I think. How he goes from killing children to being a corporate sponsor boggles my mind. Also, I'm still confused how his powers changed.

But at least Avengers Initiative 3 had a big payoff toward the end. Spoiler!Scarlet spiders FTW!

9. Infosaur

Yeah Darkhawk started pretty stupid but got very interesting. And the potential of what was revealed was wasted.

IIRC, the Darkhawk amulet was similar to a Power Rangers Morpher. And there was a squad of "hawks" out there somewhere. (IIRC there was one issue where Chris woke up on the "other side" of where the Suits are stored and saw the dead body of Portal's "victem" and like 12-20 other Hawks)

Portal killed a Darkhawk, (or came across the remains) and wore the armor but was not himself a hawk. And there is the little matter of where are the other Hawks?

10. Infosaur

And another thing,,, when will Richard be accepting applications for the Nova Corps? It would appear they're hiring.

11. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I've gotta agree with the rest of the Darkhawk fans.....he was my favorite as well. I've got every issue, crossover, annual, and apprance from the 90's and a few from early 00's but i haven't kept up with comics other then the TF's and GI JOE in the last 3 years. I'm going to have to and pick up the Loners series and see what's up with Darkhawk, I always thought he had alot of potential for his character and at one point i had rumors of him being brought into the Avengers....now that would've been SWEET!!!!!!

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Darkhawk and Speedball are my alltime favorites. I'm proud of my complete runs of each of their respective series, and a complete run of New Warriors V1.

I picked up the new book, and I'm digging it. I was very happy to see Sophia again since she was tossed aside in New X-Men.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess part of what I liked about Darkhawk, in retrospect, was that he was (possibly unintentionally) a dark Tokusatsu hero in the Marvel Universe. Weird storyline, transformation into a full suit, similar storytelling points, etc.

That and he's frickin' DARKHAWK. I loved how he basically was handed the reigns of leadership in the Legion of Losers Marvel Team-Up storyline.

14. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I really liked Speedball in the CW books, but never read New Warriors before. Is it going to be hard for someone(who never read NW) to pick this new book up?

15. Wreckgar

How long did the original Darkhawk comic run anyway?

And that was isue 25 where he found the other hawks. And it alwasy bugged me also that they never had an other ones anywhere. There was the good one and the bad one and that's it. There should have been 6 I think. it'd be nice to see them.

And the best Darkhawk was from US War machine where he's psychotic nutso. That was cool.

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

50 issues and 3 annuals, from 1991 - 1995.

17. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darkhawk was my favorite Character when I was a kid..

New warriors were pretty kewl. I remember getting the issue with the 4 elemental warriors they were fighting in the middle east and picked it up from there...

I really wish they didn't do anythign with speedball, but now in "Loners" I see they brought in my favorite "Penance" character, and I was so psyched.. I love my Gen X. :) 

18. Infosaur

Not quite, there was a good one,,, and a DEAD one. :D 

Where are the others damnit? Seriously I'd tie it into the Nova corps.

Spaceknights, Darkhawks and NovaCorps would make a seriously kick ass Sci-fi book in the wake of Anhilation!