After 7 months of wait, i got my Package from China!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Napjr, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had Been waiting for a package since January from KO Toys... to their defense, its was on customs since february

Now keep in mind im located in Mexico and ive buying stuff internationally for over 10 years, but is the first time i got this problem!

Basically i contacted my postal service on mid march looking for answers, they told me to contact customs... then i called there and they told me to contact the postal service, i did it and again they told me to contact customs!!! (seriously, WTF????)

After a while, i got a real answer, my package was in fact in the postal service customs (duuuuuuh) and it was there because one of the figures (A KO Henkei Sunstorm packaged, along with 8 loose cheap KOs), had a brand and several logos of products available in my country *(Really???) and they had to determine if they were for personal use or if i wanted to sell them here (Cmon!)

If i wanted to free the package, i needed a customs agent to help me with all the paperwork and shit. I contacted a friend of my dad that imports alot of stuff from China and basically told me that getting that agent and doing everything that way, i would be expending another $200-300 USD in royalties and fees

After that, i decided it wasnt worthy so i simply forgot the box. Then early april, i got a letter, telling me about the package and that i needed to contact the postal service

I emailed that person, explained all my situation and there was another way to free the package, all i needed was to write a letter to the customs agency director telling him that my stuff was for personal use, with the exact ammount i paid and other things (i quickly got a copy of the paypal invoice as well my bank online statement). Apparently, with that info and the low value (it was like $190 usd, and i can import a maximum of $1000 usd without getting suspicious with customs) i could get another chance to get my stuff!

But it wasnt that easy... The director didnt accepted my letter so in the end i simply said fuck it! And asked to return the box to China

Eventually the package returned to KOtoys, told them about the situation, asked to send the Sunstorm loose and only paid $10 usd for reship the package... 10 days later i got it finally!!!

Success!!!

Just to find ALL the cheap KOs were shipped boxed and just the Sunstorm loose... *But who cares at this point? I got my stuff!!!! Yeaaaaaaah!!!!!

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn

If this was toy story those things would attack and promptly break because they're ko's

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Awesome. I'm glad everything worked out at the end but 7 months? Wow...

4. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    T.K.O.!!

5. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Perseverence!

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Wow dude. It always amazes me what other countries have to go through to import stuff.

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Thats why I only deal with Canada and Great Britain, the rest of the world is a hassle.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    damn, glad you got your stuff but what a headache and run around.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    WOW!

I would have given up hope like 5 months ago for the package ever showing up.

10. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

This is just RIDICULOUS what are they afraid of, Sunstorm turning an entire city into a nuclear wasteland?

11. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

probably could've got it the next day if you actually went to the post office and palm the inspector a $20

12. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Victory!!! :D 

Congrats, dude. Only we who have seen the hideous face of bureaucracy know what it means to kill or bypass such monster. Last year the custom agency here in Brazil WROTE A DIFFERENT VALUE ON TOP OF THE CUSTOM FORM on the package for some Hot Wheels, just so they could charge me taxes. Never mind that the invoice was inside the box. :banghead: 

13. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Why is it their business whether you want to sell them or not?

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    probably to charge "license and import fees" at a business level vs a personal package that gets assessed VAT (value added Tax) if the items are worth a certain $$$ amount.

15. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I hate waiting on KOtoys.....

they claim if you pay the extra money, you'll get it in 2 weeks, which is blatant bullshit.

Go to ioffer instead, youll find the lamination on the boxes is better this way as well

16. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im surprised that they actually let you import them seeing as how the have "anti dumping" tariffs against each other and the imports fees generally amount to something like 500% of the declared value.

17. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried once to buy something online and get it shipped here. Needless to say it was an experience that I won't bother repeating.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    The amount of bureaucracy and tape you have to cut through in other nations just boggles my mind! Glad you got your package though. I would've gone insane if I had to go through what you did!

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! 7 months is indeed mind-blowing dude...I'm not as patient as you and would have simply paid up the necessary amount to get the package. Kudos to you! :) 

20. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! 7 Months. I would've gave up after 2.