Aesthetic Shifting

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meta777, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Put simply, what features of a particular transformation really struck you? What about it did you feel was really spectacular, engaging and overall just great to watch? Was it how they transformed, such as Starscream's quick-flip upon onto the bridge at Hoover Dam, or any minor details, such as Bumblebee's front wheels spinning as they move onto his shoulders?

Me personally, I adored the similiarities and contrasts of the DOTM transformations of Optimus and Megatron. Both of them are rather similar in their transformations (Optimus to Mearing and Megatron in Africa), with the exhaust pipes giving off, well, exhaust as they extend to the sides and move back, the cab sliding into the chest, panels on the back locking into place, arms shifting out of the front. And yet the contrasts, with Optimus have more extensions on his back before they lock in, and Megatron having more focus on his legs coming together. And certainly why they transform; Optimus rises up first and then slams down, angered at the human's betrayal in keeping the Ark from him, while Megatron's cab slams down first before he manages to get up, a shadow of his former glory struggling to get back onto his feet. I find it very interesting how the two trucks are both similar and yet different in their conversions to robot mode.

So, fellow forumites; what transformations do you feel had a really interesting aspect or feel to them? Discuss! :D 

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Optimus' leg wheels spinning and locking into place was always cool.

And then there's Jetfire with the whole "Get the cockpit out of me eyes" thing. :lol 

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    To me i was always fascinated by Blackout's transformation. It has to be the most complex looking in the movies. It's just long enough to give you the feeling that the military was in for it. There was NO other transformation that gave you that feeling except for maybe devastator.... even though he didn't go on a killing spree.

4. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

5. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

^ I love Barricade's transformation there too. It's super fast.

I like how, in the movies, they seem to transform differently depending on the circumstances.

Other favorites are Sideswipe's in ROTF (I love how fast and how smooth it was), and Ironhide's with Dreads (how he's fully transformed before he lands). And Bumblebee's on the highway in DOTM with Sam in slow mo is a favorite too, just 'cause of the detail of him picking Sam out of air and transforming around him. I don't like that movie, but the Dread sequences were all kinds of awesome.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher transforming will always be a favorite. He's not just turning into a robot, he's doing it while getting ready for his roller-skating thing and that is awesome.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Ah, great contributions abound! :D 

Bonecrusher's is freaking epic, yes indeed. We see everything twisting and turning, then a big angry face and his stomping down as he rolls outs to kill stuff. Rock on.

8. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have to agree with shroobmaster, bonecrusher's was really great. the way his arms pop out and he does all these twists and turns, then smashes through the bus. megatron's in dotm was cool too, how the cab just smashes into the dirt. both of blackout's were cool too, the first one how he goes slow and the military just freezes and the second on in mission city when he transforms quickly and flies off.

9. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

blackout and barricade's transformations were always amazing. I am still fond of soundwave's DOTM appearance. I still remember ow surprised I was to find out how badass a mercedes could be.

10. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Blackout, Barricade, Sideswipe, Ironhide, Optimus, Megatron, Jetfire, Starscream and Sentinel Prime.

11. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Starscream. The high pitched clinging sounds never get old. As well as the various flips, and twirls he does when he transforms. The others are: Barricade, Blackout, Optimus, Bumblebee, Mirage, Bonecrusher, Ironhide, and Megatron. But Screamer is my favorite.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I love Blackout's; it's more the ominous nature of it, being the first transformation in the film and the first seen Decepticon. The rotors just fold back, the soldiers don't know what's going on and BAM! The helicopter is splitting apart, the cockpit folds under and it stands up as a giant monster.

It's awesome :D 

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I love how Optimus' hands come out from the engine block area, like balled up fists and then his arms spread out as he transforms.

Sideswipe's 4 wheels-to-2-wheels transformation is a thing of beauty.

I love how Ironhide ends up being stooped over and then has to straighten himself up, like a grizzled war vet.

Starscream's transformation is sleek, Devastator's is brutal - totally fitting.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I know it's a little thing most people don't even notice but I love the way the films have been able to give a feeling to the size of the robots. By having the camera at around 5 to 6 feet off the ground in most shots makes the robots feel huge.

It just seems like you can't get that same feeling from the cartoons because the view is from a height that doesn't give you a feeling for their size. Even on Transformer Prime it just doesn't feel like the bots are as big as the bots from the movies.

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Devastator is my favorite. That drawn out looming sound while seeing all the vehicles combine with the camera panning around ending with the reveal of his head and then that roar. What follows is not so spectacular, but the combination sequence was really nice. Also Starscream. There are other moments too, but you guys got the major ones.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I LOVED that one, it was so...primal...

Starscream's at the dam was bitchin'. I also really liked Bee's back flip when saving Sam & Lennox.

17. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

In the first film, where Optimus joins the battle in the city, transforms and faces Megatron. That was a cool transformation.

18. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I never get tired of the transformation scene in Dotm where Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and Mirage (dino). All went into their stealth force mode..Well besides Mirage..And Bee, Sideswipe flipping over the flying cars in stealth force mode..And then they just smoothly go back into their vehicle mode while Mirage catches up to them..It was just so different besides the usual Vehicle > Robot or Robot > Vehicle...Also .."BRING IN SIDESWIPE"....*You see sideswipe do a sick transformation first time in his robot* "CLEAR A PATH".

19. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

The first time I saw Optimus Prime transform, it was just awesome. Glorious.

20. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laserbeak