Heavy/Scratch: Aerialbots Redux (Energon to G1)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Aug 21, 2006.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I finally finished my Aerialbots alteration. Enjoy
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The tails for Air Raid, Skydive and Fire Flight are from knock off Aerialbots. also, the wing tips and nosecone for Skydive are too. Air Raids intakes also.
    They are no longer interchangeable from arm to leg but could be changed from arm to arm etc. except that the hips of Air Raid and Skydive, pivot to one side in order to give the forearms/legs clearance without hitting Silverbolts body. So switching them would push the forearms further back.
    Fire Flight has gundam arms. I left the attachments on the arms so I could add choro Q rodimus guns. I liked the way it looked. I also added different exhausts to stand out better than the ones molded with the tail. The intakes are just pieces added to give the look of intakes.
    Slingshot was the hardest. First step was to rotate the legs the opposite direction and cut out the plastic that hits on his side panels. This put his wings on top. I origonally wanted a tail that covered the head and would swing one way to expose it and then, both the tail and head, swing the other way for connecting to silverbolt. I couldn't find the right joint so I had to cut off the back of his head so it can sit inside the leg without ruining the knee joint. The tail became a gun and I liked it as a double barrel instead of a single barrel so that is why it is so wide. I used Beast Machines, Obsidian arms, for arms and joints from BM Skydive for the shoulders. When in leg mode, the head has to be angled out since there isn't a space for it on that leg and then the gun fits into the hole that is seen on the top view.
    Superions head was given the towers. The hands are not moveable and cannot hold a weapon but I liked the idea of energon forming these parts compared to extra parts materializing to complete his combined form.

I hope this helps some. Thanks for all your praises. I am going to work on Bruticus some time in the near future but I can't figure out any thing that can help Devastator. It was a good attempt but it just doesn't work for me.

2. manyoufactsure

Here's the combined form. The second picture has silverbolt in my custom mode to give him a little more height.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blast off is the only Combaticon I have finished (other than Kickback is unaltered).
    So here he is with a better hand.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I never saw the original figures...can you explain all the stuff you did to 'im?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    These are absolutely beautiful. Amazing work, man.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wait, did you take parts off of G1 aerialbots and attach them to the energon ones? it's kinda hard to tell, since the pics are small. they look good though, whatever you did.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    these really should be just one thread, sorry. I merged them for you. This looks really sweet. you should post a bit of detail on what you did to each of them. You can see with the eye if you're really familiar with the molds, but some of the members could benefit with a bit of a description, especially if they'd like to try this themselves! I really like what you did.

7. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

absolutely beautiful. fantastic job

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Awesome job! All the individual bots look fantastic, and Superion looks pretty dang good too.

I cant wait to see Bruticus!

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That's a awesome take on Superion.

And I'd like to see a different take on Devestator.

10. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

grapple is cool as well

11. manyoufactsure

Click on the pictures. It should give you bigger individual ones.

I did Air Raid first. He still has his energon crystal insignia but i would have kept the tail further back in order to make him larger. F-15s are larger than F-16s but Skydive came out a hair longer. Skydives wings should be further forward and up higher but that wasn't possible. I also shaped the front edge (right behind the cockpit) of Skydive just like the toy. The blocky area is not on a real F-16 and the intake is supposed to be underneath but that isn't on either mold. later.

How could i forget. All the stickers except Slingshots wings are from Reprolabels.com. The stickers on Slingshots wings are a combination of stickers and paint. If you were to see a close up of them, you would find some flaws but overall, they came out pretty good.

12. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very nicely done. Great job. The combiner mode looks a lot more stable than the G1 style. Great use of reprolabels and application of G1 colors.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    manyoufactsure, these look great! Nice paint apps and nice work with the kitbashed pieces. These all all around super! Can't wait to see Bruticus!

. . . now if we could only see the Stunticons some way like this . . .

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those look great.:thumb 

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Which toys did you use for the base of each? Silverbolt is obvious, but you modified the others so much, I can't tell what they used to be.

16. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Ohh now I see what ya did and I love it :D 

17. manyoufactsure

Two Treadshots for Air Raid and Skydive.

one Sky Shadow for Fire Flight and one Terradive for Slingshot.

Slingshot is the only one with any major changes other than adding different arms and tail to Fire Flight.

On Air Raid and Skydive, the main change was to get rid of the weird arm/leg mode by giving them "semi" rotating hips and using their hips or knees as elbows.

Blast Off has a central pivot and a short track to give him a little adjustment to his hips. But it doesn't have enough room to give him the clearance that AR and SD have. His hip is forward in the picture to clear Silverstreaks body but he is more universal as a left or right limb than the other two are.

18. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Those look totally flawless and professional. Great job. Looks even better than the stuff you get off of the shelf.

19. convoyprime

convoyprime soundwave¨kid¨from tfcon

w00t cut do the chase tell us how to do it and start working on (calh) hybird bructicus

20. Rodimus VTS

Rodimus VTS Member

Really good rebuilds. Some one put this link in my topic over on tfans saying they thought you pawned my idea but I definitely don't think so and if you did then you took it way beyond what I was willing to do. You might want to try using altered Alternator hands like I did for mine.

I didn't remold them but I did repaint the Energon figures as close as possible to their G1 forms. I'm working on repainting the requiem blaster for my Bruticus to have his own minicon weapon too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]