AECC Minicons VS PCC Minicons,which do you like better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

AECC Minicons VS PCC Minicons,which do you like better?

I prefer the PCC minicons because they have super poseable robot modes.

I always dis-liked the AECC Minicons. because they were missing key articulated joints.

As far as I can see,both AECC & PCC minicons have their negatives. like the PCC minicons lacking vechicle or animal alt modes. while the greatest negative the AECC minicons have is lacking key articulated joints.

at best all the positives that the PCC minicons have more than make up for their lack of vechicle/animal alt modes. as pointed out the PCC minicons are 4changers. with their main alt mode being a weapon alt mode.

Thus far my favorite PCC minicon is the one that comes with leadfoot. because this minicon can transform into a powermaster with guns attached to the engine.

I love the 4 diffrent alt mode these PCC minicons have. there is so much play value in these super poseable tiny toys. robot mode,vechicle weapon,robot hand weapon & breast plate weapon.

I really love the breast plate weapon for the combiner mode. because it's a nice homage to the 1989 TF Victory breast plate figures.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pcc minicons are horrible, they rarely look like anything. the 4 modes notion is horrible

Minicons reached perfection with the AIR MILITARY MINI-CON TEAM

Until they make more minicons like that I will continue to be disappointed.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of the classics minicons were pretty good too.

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I only liked & bought the animal minicons.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Saying the PCC Minicons have 4 modes is like dropping a figure, picking up the mangled mass of limbs, and saying "Oh look, another mode."

It's very generous because essentially all but two of the PCC modes are proverbial middle fingers shouting, "Nope! I'm not a mangled robot, screw off!"

6. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    A/E/C. I'd love re-releases of the Perceptor(the Armada one), Skyboom Shield, Reqium Blaster, and Star Saber teams.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

AEC Mini-Cons. They turned into stuff. Sure they didn't have much for articulation, but they did come from the Armada line so I can't say I ever expected anything at the time.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think they're comparable anyway. PCC Minicons are really just Targetmasters.

9. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

And Breastforce partners.

If I had to choose between AEC and PCC Minicons, I'd go with PCC, even though I have yet to own any. I guess I'm just an articulation junkie.

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Definitely AEC. Alt modes, and some sweet stuff (such as Armada Perceptor, one of my favorite figures ever).

11. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

PCC's have better articulation but AEC has better alt. modes...

I personally prefer PCC minicons since I usually don't care about vehicle modes anyway.

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    The AEC Minicons. Namely the ones that were passable weapons.

13. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    AEC-style Minicons' alt modes make no sense whatsoever. Tiny planes, trucks, cars, and dinosaurs? No. It's the Micromasters all over again, and they didn't make any sense either (although I was able to incorporate them in my fanon by stating they mass-shift from human-sized robots into normal-sized vehicles).

PCC Minicons look awful for the most part, but they are a step in the right direction. A small robot that serves to power up a larger one should turn into a weapon, shield, or some other logical body add-on (a la Breastforce/Powermasters).

EDIT: and isn't this topic better suited for General Discussion?

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Unicron Trilogy minicons better...the combiner teams were nice, especially the Saber teams. I have the Star, Dark, Fire, and Energon Saber plus the CD exclusive version of the Star Saber and hopefully the Blizzard Saber on the way. They're awesome.

The Power Core Combiner minicons are okay but I only like the Targetmasterish modes they have.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The Unicron Trilogy Mini-Cons win hands down IMO. They're very diverse and actually represent some pretty decent looking alt modes.

The PCC Mini-Cons are, you know, decent but...what the hell are they suppose to be? They're cool for what they are, enhancements for the PCC figures, but they're just a mess with the "four" modes.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Are Backtrack and Terradive PCC minicons? Hell no, they're Armada Mincons! :D 

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

doesn't even come close, the armada/energon minicons are amazing, and in many cases were better then the toy they came with. for example, hotshot's minicon is way cooler then hotshot himself.

PCC's all so far look the same anyways. and remind me more of micromen.

sure they are more possible, but possibility can only take you so far.

my favorite one was the one from unicron, it reminds me of a megaman villain lol.

and then i like the one that came with cyclonus, the tank that attaches to become the helicopter's front. making the copter look WAY cooler.

and then i like to pop off the canon, and stick it in to the minicon port in robot mode, looks cool, with the canon sticking out of his chest, like warpath.

the minicons were the highlight of the armada toyline.

in PCC's, they seem to be nothing more then just an after thought.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No, we're talking about toys...

19. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

AEC minicons have far more appeal to me, some of them have really neat alt modes and superb decos. I don't pose minicons about that much, so I'm fine with what the AEC minicons had in the articulation department.
    Some of the PCC minicons are nice, but I'm not a fan of garish, clear plastic, and their alt modes are mostly rearranging of their feet in weird poses.

20. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    I liked the alt modes of the AEC minicons alot! But some of their bot modes suffered for it.

I like the new PCC minicon robot modes, but that's about it. I wish they werent see-tough plastic, and I dont like their other "modes", but I do dig the 'bot modes alot! Personally, I prefer my minicons to change into small vehicles or beasts, but that doesnt mix well with this new line and I get that. SO, if they're gonna do weapons, then I'd rather see them do just ONE weapon mode, do it well and call them Targetmasters instead. OR, it would be cool if they transformed into heads for the PCC combined modes too! :D 

Later