AEC Figure - Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sy-Rein, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    A few years ago, I picked up the deluxe sized Armada Optimus Prime figure. I really like the figure, specially for an AEC era TF. Now in my collection, I try to keep things equal between factions and when doing so I try to match up figures with a rival. But Armada OP has always been a loose end for me where I havent really found an appropriate rival figure to display him with.

And since I really wasnt into TFs for the most part during Armada or Energon, I'm not at all familiar with the toys, I only started picking up some of the mainline toys during the Cybertron series. Now, after looking online, I found that I kind of like both Armada and Energon Megatrons but I believe they are both way too big to scale reasonably well with the deluxe OP. I thought about Armada Starscream but I think he's a Voyager and he might be too big as well.

So what I'm looking for is suggestions from the Armada or Energon lines for an appropriately scaled figure and reasonably good character to go up against deluxe Armada OP. Suggestions could be simply your favorite figure (and why). Also pics would help me alot (or links to TFU.info pages) since like I mentioned earlier, I am not familiar with these two series. I guess I should also specify I'm looking specifically for a Decepticon counterpart to OP, not really interested in picking much else from the line.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Energon Starscream?

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Tidal Wave

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You need a Armada Tidal Wave, it's a amazing and huge figure (for an ultra almost leader class) that can combine with Armada Megatron and to osme extent Cybertron Megatron and even Cybertron Optimus Prime.

Armada Hoist, Demolisher and Red Alert are great as well, they have a lot of articulation for Armada Toys.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    you guys realize he is talking about DELUXE class OP from armada right? :p 

6. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

just sticking to Armada. Demolishor is a pretty solid tank figure, decent articulation, and I've always liked the cut of his jib

[​IMG]

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Disregard.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Hmm... not a bad looking figure. Can you give me your opinion of him? Decent articulation? Good design? etc...

Yeah, Tidal Wave looks cool and all but like Megatron, he's way too big for what I'm looking for.

Hmm... I've considered him and Cyclonus but I dont know alot about both figures, so I never really pursued either one. I'll have to look into him more. Thanks for the suggestion.

I also took a look through TFU.info's list of Armada and Energon toys and found out that there arent very many decepticons in those lines.

So here's another question. I had said that Armada SS might be too big but how big is he compared to the deluxe figures? I do really like his design.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Energon STarscream is one of the best energon mold I came across, imo. I really like the massive weapon load, too. pretty good articulation for that era, at least more posable than any Armada figure for sure.

10. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Nemesis Prime would be about the closest deluxe size "leader" that could serve as a "nemesis" to that sized Prime.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The Energon Deluxe Decepticons are actually pretty good toys. Starscream, Demolishor, Snowcat, Barricade, Steamhammer, Slugslinger and Sharkticon are great IMO

As far as Armada Deluxes, Demiloshor is probably your best bet. Unless you want to repeat the mold and just get the Nemesis version of it.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll second Armada Nemesis Prime. Yes, it's the same mold, but it's one of the best Deluxe molds in the Armada line and looks great.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Ignore scale and you'll be able to enjoy figures of all sizes.

14. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say Armada Sideways.

15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    If you're going for one figure, and one figure only, my vote is on Energon Starscream as well.

16. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    Energon SS is good too. If you want prime to look big next to someone, I suggest Cyberton Scout Ransack. I have an Energon SS if you are interested.

Stixx

17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Alright so far Energon Starscream is in the lead. Not a bad looking figure if I go with the Energon energon SS, the other energon SS's colours look a bit too dark for me though.

I did see the Nemesis Prime on TFU.info but I'd really prefer not to double up on the mold, even if it is a really great mold (the reason I'm in this situation to begin with).

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate your input. Anyone else that wants to chime in, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say (or read what you type, lol)

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Actually I had briefly thought about him. I might have to look into that option more closely. Energon Energon Starscream looks like it still commands a pretty decent price on ebay. And the only one I found here on TFW is from a post last year.

20. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

my list of must get AEC figures are as follows:

From Armada: Tidalwave,Unicron,

from Energon: Leader sized Galvatron,Voyager Mirage,Deluxe Rodimus,Deluxe sharticon. basic ravage.

Cybertron: Primus,leobreaker,wingsabre,optimus prime,leader sized galvatron.

IMHO,Stay away from the following AEC mold as their awful:
    Armada leader sized optimus prime,energon leader sized optimus prime,energon omega supreme.