ADV's Macross Dub: Thinpack release?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spider Striker, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Sep 5, 2003
    Do you think it will get one, and if so, when do you think it will be out? Will they change any of the extras?

I'd really like to see how the series is/was supposed to play out originally, but I don't think I can handle paying $20 a disc for something that is so utterly different from what I was raised on as a kid.
  2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Oct 10, 2005
    It's not utterly different. The main plot points are the same, except for the ending. The difference is in the backstory, the explanation for certain things, some character names, and the follow-up stories that come after (and before) it. Also, the meaning of the story is different, and some of the characters are developed better. Well, and obviously the voice actors are different.

I have no idea what ADV and Harmony Gold plan to do in the future. They've milked enough releases out of Robotech that I wouldn't be surprised at a thinpack release of Macross, but I don't think it's guaranteed either.