Advocacy Group attacks Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MattMoylan, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

Hey guys, haven't found any other threads discussing this, but the search function isn't working so sorry if there's already a discussion.

This CCFC advocacy group is targeting the TF Movie beause the movie is rated PG-13, while the TF toy line is recommended for younger ages. Basically they're saying that the Transformers brand is tricking parents into thinking the movie is okay to bring their children to by producing toys with a lower recommended age.

The ICV2 article I read:
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/10838.html

And the site of the group attacking the movie
    http://www.commercialfreechildhood.org/transformers.htm

This just really annoys me. The movie is rated PG-13. If parents are too lazy to check what the actual rating is, they need to be paying more attention. Seems as simple as that.

Please get off my planet CCFC ;) 

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oy....

You know what though? These are probably the same people who bitched when they took their kids to the South Park movie (which was RATED R!) and were offended that they made a cartoon like that...

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    ....They really have nothing better to do do they.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big deal. If your kid isn't 13 or older, DON'T BRING HIM/HER.

5. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I wonder if this same group targeted SW episode III.

6. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

probably, from the article it seems like they go after all movies with toys. its always like that though....anyone remember the hell raised over Jurassic Park for the same reason

7. convoy676

convoy676 Member

i hate when horribly over negative people have no sustenance in their lives to quell their boredom, so they go target popular things and raise hell, blowing things out of proportion. These people really need to get a life. Its a bunch of robots fighting for a cube, i see nothing wrong. The toys and movies do not have to intermingle, its up to the parents if they'll take there kids or not, they're not forced to watch it.

I dont know why, but i always picture those mothers on maury with 300lbs kids as these annoying protestors. lol.

8. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

dito lol

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When I went to see the movie there were more kids under the age of 13 then adults. At the "are you masterbating?" scene, one little girl sitting in front of me asked "WHATS THAT!?" :lolol 

10. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

F 'em. I don't want any Transformers sequels being neutered like the TMNT ones were (not that I didn't love them all as a kid anyway).

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Remember when the South Park movie came out, parents complained when they took their kids to an "R" RATED MOVIE but since it was a cartoon, it shouldn't have been that offensive... YOU TOOK YOUR KID TO AN R RATED MOVIE, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!?!?!

Yeah. Probably the same people complaining.

Chris

12. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they made Aliens action figures years ago and that movie was rated R. They should also be going after Men in Black, X-men, Spider man, Fantastic 4 (1), the list goes on. I get so pissed off at lazy parents who wants the MPAA to monitor what they're children watch. On the other hand when I went to see 28 days Later, a mother had brought in her 5 year old. The kid starts crying cause he's scared out of his mind, and she just tells him to be quiet.

13. convoy676

convoy676 Member

LOL, but either way that kid was given permission buy his parents to view that. PLus better he found out at a transformer movie than an awkward conversation with his parents.

14. lonegamer

lonegamer Lurking in your midst

Oi... *shakes head* This is kinda deja vu, in this case echoing that LJ incident back in April. Idiots...

15. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Yeah, they attack pretty much anything that is popular\makes money. They are big robots that blow stuff up, the cartoons kids watch are usually more violent. If they want to protest something, how about barney...he's creepy.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

what about, aliens, predator and terminator. not kid movies but sold a crap load of action figures

17. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

I say GOOD FOR THEM! Maybe we can rate every movie 'Ultimate R' and require the age to be 30. Then, we can lock our kids in a room until they are 30, then let them free to run the world. Then there would be peace and happiness forever and ever in the magical, mystical land of Earth!!! Everyone would sing in harmony and eat only fruit that WANTS to be eaten. No one will die and the rain will taste like sugar.

Freakin' idiots.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As long as there are parents to help explain "isssues" to their young children, what's the problem? Even the Transfomers figures have ages listed. Again, what's the problem? I saw the TF Movie again today and even the youngest viewers enjoyed it with their parents. Some people have have nothing to do but complain about almost anything. I guess they aren't happy unless they're complaining.

19. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey you know what? Its because modern parents no longer want to take responsibility for what their children watch, hear, or play with. Instead they want to dump their responsibility onto corporate America so they can plop their kids down in front of the TV or a game boy while they sip on their Zema's and watch reality TV.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    tards got nuthin better to do.

go post lolgear pics or sumin.