Advice..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bumblebee765, May 31, 2012.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Honestly, some have said this already, but I'll reiterate. Less is more. She said you "caused too much drama." Okay. Without knowing any details (and certainly not asking for any), I'd say she probably should take a good look at her own age and yours. Already trying to act all grown up? Really? I guess she hasn't really seen any "drama" yet. But I digress. Just wish her a good summer and let it be that.

I say this from experience.......if someone is willing to just throw away a friendship that has lasted that long over some dumb shit like how you "handled the break up".....then yeah, you might as well cut your losses and move on. You'll learn that real friends would not only give you shit about how you handled things (if you were really being stupid about it), but they'd also be there for support too. They wouldn't just stop hanging around or stop talking to you. That goes for both males and females. There will be others that will come into your life. You will learn from your experiences and hopefully move on. If things were meant to be, she'll come around again. If not, then dude, don't let shit like this preoccupy you. You got better things to worry about or think about. I know you're young and all, but hey....life is all about learning from your experiences.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If she says you create drama, and now you're posting a thread worrying about it, I'd say she's probably right, at least partly. Even if you feel like you've changed (and maybe you have), it takes time for others to see that. Worrying about it or trying hard to prove yourself will only make you look obsessive and prove her right instead. I've been in that kind of situation when I was younger.

The best thing you can do is stop worrying. Don't totally break off contact, but don't make a fuss about how people feel about you either. Warm, friendly, but aloof is the attitude you want. Talk about your friendship with her only if she brings it up first. If you keep bringing up the issue, and don't go out off your way to avoid her or to prove anything. The first rule off avoiding drama is to not make a big deal out of things.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You cause "too much drama?"

A girl told you this? A girl?

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't make it awkward. Find other chicks.

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

is that your solution for everything?

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Solves every problem.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Take some time away from her. Maybe she'll miss your drama. You can always secretly regularly check her progress from in that tree opposite her bedroom window.
    What if you have an ill pet?

8. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Wish you the best. Don't chase after it if she doesn't want to be around you. Sometimes even best friends break up and that is the harsh reality we live in nowadays.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    It's best if you don't do it yourself. Get another animal of a matching species to perform the procedure.

10. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Stick it in her ear.

11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, yes I did... a lot... I think you're right... Thanks!
    How did the situation end for you?
    Yeah, I'm sure over the summer break things will get better. We've known each other for a really long time; my mom is even her godmother (our moms were really good friends), so I'm a little more sure that this will all blow over now... Thanks!
    Uh... I'm afraid to ask, but stick what exactly in her ear...?

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well for my situations, there isn't too much to tell. When I've had friends bickering over their relationship, its usually been a case of being much closer to one than the other, but I still did my best to simply offer a voice of reason who wasn't being lead by a dick or vagina. Unless one of the parties is really being out of line & you feel like you need to talk with them about it (aka, if one of em cheated or whatever & you give em hell), that's really all you can do at times.

Then on the flip side (aka, when I was dating someone who both of us shared good friends with), I just tried to avoid putting said friend into positions of being pulled back & fourth. This of course still happened, and its kinda hard to avoid when the friend doesn't wanna completely alienate one of you. It really does suck when that's the person who ends up being both people's pillow every day & they eventually break down & tell you both to stfu & just have anal sex already/deal with it yourselves.

13. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I really did pull her back and forth, as you said, a lot... Maybe I should apologize for that before anything else...

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Let the wounds heal first - maybe when you see her after the summer, you can make your apology. Otherwise you're just picking at a scab.

15. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, even better idea! Thanks! We will probably have a few classes together next year; our grades have always been about the same, and we picked all the same classes (except she's going to be in Spanish 3 and I'll be in 2 :wink: ), so I can hope! :D 

16. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Cool - now "forget about her" for now and start planning the stuff you want to do this summer that's fun and exciting. Also, kick it with the guys. Only girls that should be involved are the ones you're all staring up and down at. And no girl talk about your feeeeeliiiingz - only guy talk about cool movies, eating unhealthy food till you turn 40, riding dirtbikes and going on adventures. And when you're not doing any of that, concentrate on things that will make you a better person, like future career, and back up plans in case career choice #1 doesn't work out.

17. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I only just saw this dude! You know my thoughts on this mostly.

I will say that I think having a breather over summer is a good plan :) 

I hope you enjoy your summer and that things go the way you want with S next school year :) 

(Big hugs) my friend.

18. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, that's what I plan to do! :D 
    Yeah, I'm glad you think it's a good plan too. :) 

I'm even more sure it will now! :D 

Thanks! (Big hugs in return! :wink: )