Advice on where to sell comics online

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by RobotoChan, Sep 19, 2007.

1. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Hi folks,

Just had another rumble around my mums house to try and finally remove my old junk :) 

I came across literally hundreds of old comic books which I have little attachment to these days and wish to try to sell online to finance my girls engagement ring.

I _could_ put them eBay but I imagine that there may be better places to sell the books. My wish is that they would go to a caring home as a lot of them are quite rare and I would hate for them to be sold to someone who doesn't wish to take care of them.

Does anybody know anywhere online that would be suitable?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

If you have any that are rare,i would say sell them alone.The rest i would say break up into collection:X-men,Spiderman..stuff like that.The way comics are these days,you would most likely have to seem them as a lot to get a good return on them.I'm no comic expert,thats just the way i would do it.

edit:i didn't even tell you a good place to sell them.I would say ebay or comicpriceguide.com,not sure if you have to have a account with them to sell through them.Hope that helps a litte.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Comics have resale value?

4. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

Stay away from eBay as much as you can. Unless it's a current hot item, comics on eBay usually don't don't do very well.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    find a bulk reseller who'll buy from you.

otherwise, just post it here man.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you're going to sell on eBay, I find that sets do better than small auctions.

Failing that, try a comic book shop, and see what they'll give you, but again, whole sets are preferable.

But yeah, selling individual comics that aren't rare is tough.

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Trade for credit for new comics... unless you need the money.

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've got several small lots (4-6 issues) on eBay now and they seem to be doing OK. The advice previous board members gave is good. Small lots and sets do best. Individual issues just don't sell well unless it's something of significant importance, like the first appearance of a high profile character or unless it's graded.

Comic shops will most likely take everything off your hands at one time, however they have to make money on them too so you probably won't get as much. Sometimes it's worth it though since selling them yourself - even in lots - can be very time consuming.

Just out of curiosity, I wouldn't mind knowing what you have. I'm always looking for Captain America back issues so I might be willing to take some off your hands. PM me if you want and we'll discuss further.

9. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

It's hard for me to tell since I don't know what comics you're selling but I recommend checking searching through the completed auctions to see how much your books currently go for. Be warned though, that the prices change every so often, and eBay seems to only show one week's worth of completed auctions as results. But eBay is probably your best bet at getting the most for your valuable comics.

Failing that, you could try your local comic shop, or something like http://www.mycomicshop.com (specifically the "We Buy Comics" part).

10. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I think a comic shop should be your LAST resort.A friend of mine traded 4 long boxes once and all he could get with the money he got was a D&D players guide.....So like i said,comic shops should be your last resort.