Advice on upcoming purchases needed...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superion33, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Hey guys,

So, I'm just recently going to have the opportunity to make some major purchases. And I would really appreciate any help you guys could offer. So far, I do not have that large of a TF collection at all of any kind (toys, comics, DVDs, etc).

I am not really looking to start collecting or anything at this point but I do want to make a few quality purchases. I basically started off collecting the Alternators again. I have most of the Alternators though I still need Jazz and Ironhide and Jazz and Mirage.

And then looking at purchasing a few in the Masterpiece collection. I got Masterpiece Prime. I'm now looking to get Masterpiece Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, etc. Not really Ultra Magnus as I don't think a white Prime resembles Ultra Magnus.

I am also looking at purchasing the Dreamwave series and the IDW series.

Can you guys tell me about how much it would cost for each of the above listed? Do I have to get it on Ebay or can I buy it online still?

Also, if this is the wrong place for this thread, please move it to the correct thread. Thank you.

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Megatron for around $100 can still get it at retail
    MP Starscream G1 colors for about $65-75 on Ebay
    MP Skywarp $100 or so on Ebay
    MP Thundercracker not released yet. due out in November 2008
    If you are going to get into the MPs then you should consider Primes trailer and Ultra Magnus. Magnus is expensive now though at $250-$300 ebay. Magnus is an awesome looking figure next to Prime.

3. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I'm banking on a US release of MP Skywarp and Thundercracker for the upcoming 25th anniversary line. Wait on those, they'll be $50 like Starscream was. The comics you can get the TPB collected editions of all the IDW series so far for $15 each. They are great stories.

Also might I suggest the eHobby repaint of Omega Supreme in a blue Guardian scheme, I preordered that at BBTS.

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Wow, its $15 per comic? Are they used comics or like in new condition?

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    He's talking about TPB (trade paperback), which is a collection of comics.

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    u can look at my sales thread for a starting point

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Well, there is no Alternator Ironhide. so that's one you don't need to get.

Which is hilarious since he was a shelfwarmer in japan. one of my friends got one months after it's release for about $30. they were just piled up on table in the store.