Advice on transforming MP Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperion, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

Yes, it's another thread for this guy. He looks awesome, but at some point soon I kinda want to transform the guy to see his fantastic jet mode.

Any tips on what I should avoid doing while going about transforming him? I want to avoid cracks.

2. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    When folding the wing tabs up or down, do it slow and apply pressure at at least two points by using two fingers. Those are his most sensitive regions (I feel dirty saying that). Otherwise, he should be a cinch. Just stick to the directions and dont rush anything. This is a masterpiece, not a FAB, enjoy it like a good ale, or a good woman. :thumb 

3. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Yes, slow and easy on this figure.. don't be in a rush and make sure your thumbs are on all the hinge points when your transform his wings...

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Also be carefull with the nosecone, it is on a very small tab that it swings open on that can snap off.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Adding to the nosecone thing, if you're trying to open it to check out the radar dish, make sure you extend it forward first. Don't just try to hinge it open, or you're asking for trouble.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    And make note of the smiley face tatoos on his thighs. They're there for who knows why.

I've found the pannels above the wings in bot mode (attatched to his torso) a pain in the ass to manipulate with the whole "I might break the wings" mentality, so I take those off before I even start (along with the guns/bombs)

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Easy way to avoid that. Open the side flaps, then fold the intakes down(they only fold a little), then swivel the panels up and out of the way.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Do they even exist anymore? :confused: 

9. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

In my highly esteemed professional medical opinion, you should turn it from a robot into a jet plane. It's not rocket surgery. Don't throw it at any walls or explosive devices during the transformation, and you should be fine. It's a ridiculously complicated toy, but it's still just a toy.