Advice on stickers for other toy lines?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delta Star, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hi everyone,

For those that don't know me, I run a website called Reprolabels.com.

Basically, I reproduce and design stickers for Transformers toys.

While that's going well, I really, really want to try doing this for other toy lines. It's not a god move to put all your eggs in one basket, as they say. Problem is I've lead a very sheltered life, and it would appear TFs is all I know.

So my question is this: What other toy lines can you think of that would require metallic or transparent stickers?

I'm aware of some, but not sure which ones are in more demand. So far, I've contemplated GIJoe, Star Wars, Mask and Zoids, but as those are all Hasbro properties, it doesn't really allow me to diversify. If Hasbro asks me to stop, I'd like to have something to continue on with :) 

Any thoughts?

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

As for Zoids, you could try custom sets. I know a lot of people at Pheno's Zoid site that would love them.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I would too. Also, I have a lot of vintage Zoids that could very much benefit from new sticker applications. If there was a way you could get hold of the original sheets for some of these older Zoids, I am positive I wouldn't be the only person who would buy them.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You could do additional stickers for Lego sets. There are a ton of great lego sites out there - www.brickshelf.com, www.peeron.com, www.lugnet.com - that have pictures and references of all the various space, town and pirate themes that have been available over the past 20+ years. I don't know about everyone else, but I think it'd be pretty cool to have some additional, reprolabels-quality "Octan" labels or Blacktron or M-tron labels to place on stuff.

Just an idea.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Perhaps you could do custom sets for Gundams? Or how about Power Rangers? Many of the robots have details removed or changed in the transition to the US, for example the original Dragonzord had some of its decals changed to thunderbolts instead of the original logo. Might be something there.

6. FortMax

FortMax Not Metroplex or Mudflap

I was always bugged by the diffrent stickers on the PR zords.
    If I still had my Zords, I would have liked to have perfect stickers, as the older zords had heavy sticker wear, which makes sence as I was 5 when PR was first released.

I also hated that Bandai of America gutted the elrctronics from the Falconzord, and changed the color of the White Shogunzord to pink, in addition to the sticker changes.

(That, and changing the Blade Blaster from white to black, never releasing the gold dragon morpher, not releasing the blade blaster add-on, putting tampos of the power coins on the action figures, changing the Dragon coin, .....)[/rant]

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Macross would be a good one to do; I myself would defiantly consider some Repro's for my Macross/Robotech stuff :)  Don’t think they or at least most of them came with stickers originally but I would think Macross would be prime for custom sets at the very least.

Gundam would be another good one to do as well. Although like Macross, Gundam never really came with stickers (except for a couple of them and ones that do only have a couple) to begin with, but again I would think Gundam could be interesting for customs sets, or at the very least faction symbols.

That’s the only 2 lines I can really think of, although Zoids sounds like it could generate interest as well.

I'm thinking doing sets for these might require some research, especially into the TV shows behind them and the fanbase and such but I'm thinking it could work out at least on some level.

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'd think the GI Joe market would be a great place to dip into. Lots of vintage vehicles from the 80's and on that I, and others would love to touch up with some new/better sticker apps.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    every single gundam model kit has stickers packaged with it.

Gundam isnt a good choice though. Bandai is extremely protective with the property, and has gone after people making reproduction parts and labels before. Bandai sells replacement parts and labels themselves for every single kit made since 91, so there's not much reason to do those.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Really? I know a lot of them do, didn’t know they all did, anyway you cant really call them stickers as most of the ones I have only came with a very small sheet of stickers not really worth applying, they were pretty lame as I recall.

But I think you got a good point here I can somehow see Bandai getting pissy over it.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

A few ideas, not sure how moody their makers are though.

Ps2, Xbox, GC,GBA,PSP, PC etc TF skins or decal upgrades.

Lego- Always wanted a sheet full of tiny windows and doorways to slap on some Lego ships so it would be like you can see inside them.
    Or some decals for those little Lego men.

Bionicle- Also from Lego. It would be a challenge since they're like skeletal structures. But some wiring or anything that would fit realll wound improve them. They're really fun toys, just so bare.

Star Wars- Maybe something to spruce up those SWTFs.
    or some decals for Death Stars & Star Destroyers to cove up their bare equators. So it would look like you can fly some ships in there like in the movie. Or maybe a custom blended SWTF symbol

Amdriver - Not a very popular line but their bots can use some extra detailing

Model cars- Of all the times I've been in the model section and looked at a big black semi, or a red Lamborghini, or yellow Volkswagon and though hmmm.
    Would probably have to go with the most popuarl scale with them though.

Aquariums- I know it's way out left field, but would be funny to see a lttle Depth Charge & Rampage in the background hangin with my fishes

Guitars/Basses- Always greta toys hehe, im always sticking crap all over mine. Some decals to go around the knobs and/or pickups would be sweetacular

Stikfas- TF skins. Turn a blue on into Soundwave, a red one into Prime etc. I have a bunch of these toys and they're all so bare.
    Some Autobot/Decepticon characterization would be sweet. And they're all basically the same size so the decal sets can be sold as multiples or mixed etc. Maybe do some for Xevoz since I can never get any of their original stickers to stick.

GI JOE - Would be awesome like DF said to touch up a few classics. It may be hard to find which vehicles were/are the most popular. Since you'd have to be specific since Cobra/Joe decals are already avail.

BRAVE- The Braves are just like TF's and they also have their classic. There's surely a high demand for some Brave decal replacements

Macross/Gundams- May not be a good idea, but maybe there's a sneaky way to have a custom blend of Macross/TF decals.
    Otherwise we'll just have to improvise with what we have.
    I must agree that those little Gundam sheets are pathetic.
    And so small one can mistake them for that little card that always falls out of your inst manuals.

Marvel- Those Marvel Metamorph can sure use some make-up. To take that small fisher-price vibe away from them.
    Maybe some decals to make the Marvel Legend combiners (Galactus, Apocalyps,Sentinel etc) look more real but that sounds tough since they already look badass.

Gobots- There's always a need for some replacement decals for the Gobot Command Center. The Gobot gestalt 'Puzzler' is also a common Gobot fav that can use some decals. I know mine looks pretty bare and missing a few.

Machine Robo- Since most of these have a core robot would be neat to customize a few.

Power Rangers- All the PR zords I've seen does'nt come with decals and that's a shame. They need some. Maybe help take that rounded, overblocky look they have to a more adult loving machine type. But yeah, Bandai's all "Grrrr"

Legends of Cybertron- Would like some decals for my little Starscream, Skywarp & Ramjet. Thath Evac is looking pretty bare. Or the Robot Masters could be fun to sticker up.

Teen Titans- That T-Robo
    could definitely use some work. Even it's 3 seperate forms look bare

Giant skyscraper decals- Always wanted to turn something, anything, (a block of wood) into a scyscraper with some decals, If I could, I'd order atleast 50 sets and would build Cybertron!!

Cars-Aut/Dec symbols in the shape of a pontiac, chevy, toyota etc emblem to put on the front (or rear) of our rides.

All I can think of for now. Sorreh for the misspellings, my keyboards a dick.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

if you need ANY advice on which gi joe vehicles would be most popular/had problems with stickers, drop me a line. I've got tons of vintage vehicles, and browse the gi joe boards regularly.