Advice on selling Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Longwaysouth, May 5, 2011.

1. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nov 13, 2010
    So I'm thinking about selling some of my G1 Transformers and would appreciate some advice on how best to sell them - the B/S/T threads, eBay, etc, in a lot, on their own and if possible an idea of how much they're worth:

Original G1 Megatron - UK/EU version (no orange cap on gun barrel). Boxed, 100% complete and in good condition, some sticker wear.

G1 Micromasters - all 100% complete with instructions and in very good condition. All boxed or with backing cards where applicable:

Autobots: Off Road Patrol, Race Car Patrol, Rescue Patrol, Battle Patrol, Construction Patrol, Monster Truck Patrol, Hot Rod Patrol, Metro Squad, Tanker Truck Combiner Transport, Hot House (fire station) and Ironworks (construction station)

Decepticons: Air Strike Patrol, Race Track Patrol, Military Patrol, Battle Squad, Construction Squad, Greasepit (Gas station), Airwave (airport) and Skyhopper (helicopter/base)

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I thought it was the best place to start. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to sell them as they're the only G1 TF's I have left but I may have to let them go.
  2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Feb 8, 2010
    Definitely set up a thread in the Junkion forum. Put lots of pics, detail in the descriptions and prices for each item. Then just sit back and let the PMs come rolling in! :thumbs2: 
  3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2007
    News Credits:
    B/S/T thread
    - Pros
    No ebay fees
    Selling toys to fellow collectors
    Option of payment as gift (paypal fee = 0)

- Cons
    Paypal fee of ~5%
    Won't be seen by as many people and may take time to sell
    We're all cheap bastards ahem I mean value hunters and will try to haggle the hell out of you

- Pros
    Lots of eyes on the item so good chance of sell if your starting price is fair
    Chance for item to go for very high

- Cons
    Ebay fee of ~10% + Paypal fee of ~5%
    Have to take the time out to do listings and detail pictures
    No guarantee of sell but have to pay fees.

Selling to hobby store
    - Pros
    Get rid of all your items in one shot
    No fees

- Cons
    Won't get the best value
    Have to pay for shipping
    You're in the UK so your options here may be limited