Customs: Advice on RiD Ultra Magnus Trailer part

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ponn01, Feb 7, 2009.

1. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

I'm beginning work on my custom Stunticons (totally upfront, this is for me, not selling, my own collection) and i'm going with RiD Ultra Magnus for my Motormaster. I'm doing some work on the trailer part, making it short so he doesn't stand so freaking tall in robot mode.

While i'm doing work on that part I want to make it into a more traditional trailer instead of a car carrier. I want to keep the side parts but I want to fill in the holes with something and make a top to convert it to a full on trailer. Any suggestions? I was thinking of using as much of the top part as possible but filling the rest with Styrene. Does this sound appropriate? I've got similar plans for filling in holes and creating parts for other customs and for solid large pieces like this I was wondering if Styrene would be the way to go. Thanks in advance.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    honestly, seeing as the legs of UM don't do squat, there's no joint or anything, you could just take a trailer, chop it up, work the feet apparatus on it, and the connectors, and then it'd work just fine I think.

3. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

Oh thats interesting, didn't even think of that. Here I was going to do a trailer out of the feet AND make a seperate connector torso piece for Menasor. If I started out with a fresh new trailer I could do both. Better yet maybe I can scratch the torso for Menasor together with the feet turning it into a hitch back end ala G1 Optimus. Thanks, back to the drawing board.