Advice on packing for shipping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Moonstreaker, May 6, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I'm going to send my 20th Prime to AFA for grading (couldn't care less about therir grading, but I have a black gun version with an exceptional box, and I want to keep it protected). But I can't decide on how to box it up. I'm paranoid about the window getting crushed or dented because it is just so damn huge. Any advice?

2. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no idea mabe wrap it in think carboard before you put it in the main box?

out of interest what to AFA charge to grade stuff

3. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I completely wrapped the box in extra cushion bubble wrap, and in a massive box encased with packing peanuts. I made sure the wrap and peanuts weren't exerting too much pressure.

4. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    Thanks Optimist_Prime

It all dpends on the size peeman. Can be as little as $20 for a GIJoe, but a large TF the sizee of 20th Prime is about $50...bigger ones like MP Megatron are aound $70, and it keeps going up as they get bigger.

5. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If your looking just to get the box encased in one of those AFA style cases, and not necessarily for grading purposes, you can actually buy those cases on other websites, and they will send you the case by itself. I purchased an AFA type case for my MISB G1 Mirage from www.planetforce.com. Of course, I don't know if they have the cases in the size you need, but I do know that AFA is going to be selling those cases separately for order from their site. It will be from their supply store, but it isnt up and running yet.

Some people actually buy these cases to SEND their packages to AFA also, from places like PlanetForce, etc. I haven't been there in a while, but check them out. Or do a Google search, or check Ebay..or just do what you were thinking of doing and send it out in a large box with tons of bubble wrap and peanuts. Just some suggestions for ya.

6. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    Thanks FortressMaximus1976...I will definitely check their site out.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You do realize that the black gun version is the most common one, right? It's the gray one that's rare.

8. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    The fact that the gray gun is more rare doesn't make it suck any less. And actually in my area there were more grey than black.