Customs: Advice needed: Movie Wreckage to Dinobot

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by nightboomfer, Oct 4, 2007.

1. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

I'm almost finished with it, but I just need to know: which faction symbol should I put on him?
    Predacon: This could be his pre-earth form

-or-

Maximal: alternate universe interpretation of the character with the same situations. A "Transtech" Dinobot, if you will.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    None. He really didn't have a symbol on him on the show, so It only makes sense he wouldn't have one pre-earth.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

pred if any but leave em off. and could someone make me and autobot sticker decal to put on pro-pain while we are talking about it

4. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I don't have an answer for you on the symbol but I do have a question.

This head is more like Transmetal Dinobot than it is the, origonal, Dinobot. But it was from Dinobots DNA that the TM Dinobot was created and then later had his own spark returned (due to the unseen episode that Rat Trap returned his datatracks). The head on the A Smokescreen and Botcon, Dinobot, looked like the real Dinobot but I like this vehicle better that the one from Botcon.

SO, how does this pan out that this head is different than the origonal Dinobot but is still a Dinobot head, from the future?

Anyone else confused.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's easy. The TM Dinobot head is like the one he had pre-earth. When he scanned his beast mode, the head changed a bit. When the TM Dinobot was created, being more robot and less organic, his head was more like the original head he had on Cybertron.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say go with a pred symbol and make him pre-earth.

7. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

My head hurts. Damn retcons.

Dinobot's pre BW head was the same as he had in Beast Wars episode one.

ALSO: The Botcon figures should not represent the characters Cybertronian forms.

8. manyoufactsure

I like that idea, for the heads.

And , WHY shouldn't the Botcon figures represent their Cybertronian forms. That what that set was made for. At least we have some now.

I say, leave the Pred insignia off, if thats how it was on the show.

9. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

In the first episode,and the ep. where Rampage is introduced, (in flashback) characters are shown in silhouette.

From what I could see they looked nothing like the botcon figures.

10. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

animation budgets dude.

what i think mayfostructure is getting at is:
    tm2 dinobot created>data atacks of pre tm maximal dinobot uploaded> dinobot 2 has a nap on the nemesis> at some point the nemesis detects dinobot and reformats him> dinobot joins preds/decepticons at some point> realises he has to join up with megatron and go to earth> events of season 1/2> tm2 dinobot created.

now THAT is one hell of a personal paradox

11. manyoufactsure

I played the two episodes and they only show the Maximal heads, The head, and body, of Megs and the head of Tarantulus. No Dinobot. (pre-Earth forms).
    The episode of Bad Spark shows Ops head and two silhouettes, holding Rampage. (Optimus and Rhinox are the only two who knew about X)
    They could have taken on any number of forms until they got to Pre-earth so I'm going to keep the Botcon figures, as their pre-earth bodies and, also, go with "Insane Galvatrons" suggestion about, Dinobots, head. (since I didn't like the, Botcon, mold for Dinobot).

As for Wavelengths Paradox. All "mayfostructure" needed was a good explanation for the head difference. Your spelling errors made it kinda rough to figure out what you were trying to say.

Nightboomfer. What did you end up, deciding to do, with the Pred symbol? Will we be seeing your custom soon?

12. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I say no symbol because then you can put him with either the maximals of preds in your display. Or use a symbol you can easily swap if you cahnge your mind later.