Advice Needed: Fortress Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Squall42080, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Hey all, I recently stumbled upon my Fortress Maximus from when I was a kid. While there's a few spots where it's obvious that he's been played with, he's in pretty good condition.

I think it's easier to list what he is missing in terms of how complete he is:
    He's missing Cerebros and his gun, Spike, Cog's gun, the radar dish, the Photon Rifle, the red ramp, the green door on his chest, the left shoulder ramp, one of his knee guns, and one of his stomach cannons. I have no paperwork, no box, and no stickers.

The stickers were never applied to him in the first place. What I did with them, I have no idea.

So, I have a choice in front of me. I am getting married on October 1st, 2010. Money is tight. Do I sell him altogether or do I part him out? In my opinion, I will never have the money to complete him...but maybe another fan could. What do you think I could get for him? Anybody have any experience on shipping him?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    If you decide to part him out hit me up. I need his arm ramps badly and I'll happily take the right one off your hands :D 

3. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First of all, congrats on the upcoming wedding. :thumbs2: 

You will probably make more overall if you part it out. Let me see if I have this right, based on what you described. You DO have the following:

- bare body
    - Cog complete with both arms and lower torso (but no gun)
    - One knee cannon
    - One hip cannon
    - Large double-barrelled cannon (the blue one that Fort Max holds)

Is this correct? If so, here's a rough estimate on where I've seen the prices go for.

Knee cannon - $20-30
    Hip cannon - $25-40
    Cog (complete w/both arms minus gun) - $50-60
    Large double-barrelled cannon - $20-30 (probably more like $20 because this one is reproduced a lot)
    Bare body - $100-120

EDIT: Forgot about the right shoulder ramp. That will probably get you $35-$50, depending on how much (if any) yellowing is on there

So, if you parted everything out, you'd be looking at somewhere between (EDIT) $250 (minimum) and $330. If you sold everything all together, then it may go for $150-200 because a lot of people are wanting individual parts, but they don't want to buy a whole figure just for a part, then have the hassle of trying to resell what they don't need.

As for shipping on the Fort Max figure itself, you're probably looking at $25-30 minimum (depends on whether you ship parcel or priority).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I agree with Payton's assessment. Individual parts will probably net you more.

I'll also register my interest in Cog if you are thinking of selling. Would be a nice addition to my Brave Max :) 

5. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, and just in case you decide to sell, I would like to call dibs on the hip cannon, knee cannon and the double cannon that swivels around his left leg. :D 

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Thanks to everyone for the advice, and especially Payton for some rough pricing. Pics uploaded.

7. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Part him out and sell me one of the larger double arm cannons and covers for a reasonable price.