Advice needed for g1 ehobby Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pale Horse, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Well-Known Member

I bought this nice looking piece recently. I am having issues transforming it though. The chest cavity seems impossible to raise on the left side, the end with the barrel. I seem to recall this being present with the 2003 reissue as well. I can easily raise the side towards the back, but that front end just doesn't want to budge!

Does anyone know anything that can help me or has anyone else noticed this?

2. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I've never noticed this myself with any of the Megatrons I have owned, but I have never messed with the reissue. If it's anything like the original there is a small peg/tab on the barrel that clips in under the chest section there, maybe the friction there is very high straight out of a MISB box and is causing more resistance than you would be used to with a vintage piece?

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Dear Pale Horse:
    I have a heavily wore vingtage G1 Megs, and a reissue Megs. They are both finnicky in the place you mention. The chest just doesn't want to slide up easily or consistently.

As Maz mentioned, make sure nothing is binding, tabbing or catching. Then gentle and firm pressure upwards on that chest piece. I personally think its the sticker under the chest.
    Dunno if the "armpit" cam will help.
    [​IMG]

4. Pale Horse

Ugh.

Just don't know what to do. The small peice that the scope attaches to already seems kind of loose so I definitely dont want to pres my luck and end up tearing this thing up from pulling the chest cavity too hard.

But it sucks not being able to transform it!

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    My reissue also scared the crap out of me.
    Give it a good tug.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    On Tight ones I've had in the past, I've had luck gently wiggling the barrel up and down to help pop the chest up

7. Pale Horse

Well, the barrel is actually coming loose. The side of the chest still doesn't want to go anywhere!

8. Pale Horse

So I tried it again and decided that this guy is just going to stay in gun mode forever. I spent way too much cash to break it and the online retailer I got this from already stuck me with one lemon from the same order, so I doubt I'd get a replacement.

Now my question to all you guys is, does anyone have a reissue that doesn't have this problem as bad as mine that they would like to trade? I've got a lot of Generations and RTS etc(no Windcharger). Or I could buy it for a reasonable price.