Advice for selling off some Alts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jourdo, Jan 14, 2007.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm starting to do some early spring cleaning and have some extra MISB Alts I no longer really want. Some are more desirable than others. Would you advise just selling the whole group (8 or 9 I think) together, thereby getting rid of the lesser demand items in one swoop? Or would you recommend selling them off individually, with the distinct chance of still being stuck with some of the Alts?

What do you think?

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Splitting them up would probably net your most overall value. I know when I shop lots, I am super picky and won't bid unless:

A) I want them all.
    B) I can sell the ones I don't need to cover the ones I wanted.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Which ones do you have? If you have more high demand ones then "dogs" then I would sell them in lots. If the reverse sell it as one lot. Otherwise people will cherry pick your good stuff and leave you holding the junk

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Here's what I've got:

Sideswipe, Deadend (x 2), Swindle, Silverstreak, Tracks (Red Box), Meister (Red Box), and maybe Grimlock.

I'm on the fence about Grimlock only because the one I have opened suffered an injury and required some super glue. I'm not a fan of broken toys, even if you cannot really see the repair.

How would you break these up so that you are not stuck with any? Let's take Grimlock out of the equation here.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Could sell them in pairs. A popular one with a non popular one.

If people want that Swerve, they're going to have to buy Wincharger with him too

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I want that Deadend. :D  I got the BT one but don't want to open it.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Dude, if that Silverstreak is still MISB, I'll absolutely take it off your hands. I just did a hand-to-hand buy with another Calgary member of this forum last week, so we could possibly work out a similar situation if interested. But no pressure or anything.

8. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like you already have some takers. If I were going to break them up into pairs I would pair the following:
    Sideswipe, Deadend
    Tracks, Deadend
    Swindle, Silverstreak
    Meister (Red Box), Grimlock
    If you were going to get rid of them all. Your good ones are Deadend and Grimlock. Silverstreak is ok the others are not so popular.
    I hope this helps.
    MegaMus

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I have to agree with the others on this one. If you are not doing it as one big lot, I would sell them in pairs. If we are taking Grimlock out of the picture, I'd alter the breakdown from Megamus slightly though.

If it weren't for the bubble releases flooding the market, your Tracks and Meister could stand on their own but with the market the way it is, they would never stand a chance alone. Sideswipe supersaturated the market for a long while as well, hence my decision to go with Silverstreak as the loaner. Also, it looks as if you may already have a buyer for that Silverstreak.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I got stuck with a Prime, Ravage, Ricochet, and Windcharger ( with long repro-barrel ) by selling them indiviually. Pair 'em up.

11. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Just sell off anything with value in it by itself and bundle up all the cheap crap. The in-demand stuff will sell and someone wanting to start an Alternators collection will buy your bundle of cheap stuff.