Advice for MP-10

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ironhidebot, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

Let me start off by saying if there's a thread like this already, mods feel free to delete or merge this one.

So, I was thinking about getting the MP-10 figure, but it's waay too expensive, meaning i'd have to cut back on transformers. I don't have any masterpiece figures, and I find MP-10 pretty awesome, although MP-04 would be cool too, any advice?

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait and hope/pray for a Hasbro release. that's what I'm doing.
    Unless you absolutely NEED the trailer, of course.

3. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Check out some YouTube reviews for MP-10 an 04. Then do some comparing an contrasting for yourself. Trust me, you'll definetly know which one you'll want to pick up. Me personally, I have MP-10 an love him to death. Good luck with whichever you decide to choose!

4. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that it's waaay to expensive. Maybe expensive isn't the right word exactly, since there are all of the economic factors that make it seem even more overpriced than it may be. Regardless, it ends up being an insane amount to spend on a single Transformer. Personally it does, at least.

Call me crazy, but I did go ahead and buy it at a con. Seeing the box right there in front of you is a powerful motivator. It's far and away more than I've spent on any other toy and most of the furniture I've ever owned. I honestly stopped thinking about the $250 I spent after a day or 2 since I'm completely in love with it. I've looked at it and messed around with it daily for a month now. Your mileage may vary.

If you need a trailer, I'd recommend MP-10 over MP-04 since it's cheaper at this point, the trailer's better with a nicer truck, you get a Roller in there and I personally prefer the figure itself. Otherwise, MP-10 will be available for a much less intimidating price in U.S. stores soon enough. For more immediate results, check out the Sale/Trade area on this site. Someone's probably one of the releases of the first MP Prime mold available loose for a decent price. Even though I prefer MP-10, that will always be an amazing toy to have.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

There aren't a whole lot of Youtube videoes with MP-10, though, because of its price.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP04 & MP10 has their own distinct features but both are Optius Prime, both are great figures in my opinion.

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Most of the toy is really in the tractor cab, and there's a very good chance Hasbro will release at least that some time next year... but if You buy one. You'll want more, and it's almost inevitable
    that Takara will release something you want, that Hasbro will not.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

As a person that owned both, I'd buy MP-10. MP-04 is/was nice for its time, but MP-10 has taken Prime to a whole new level. Plus, MP-10 is in scale with the other MP figures, such as Grimlock, Rodimus, Starscream, (and the future SS Mp11) and the rumored upcoming Meg's V2 and Galvatron:rock . So, MP-04 is nice but keep that in mind:2c: 

As for justifying the price, if your buying Henkei or 3rd party figures, your already spending anywhere from 40 to 100+ on deluxes. If it is still a hard pill to swallow, just wait and see what Hasbro is going to do in the future. If you don't want the trailer, they might release a cheaper Prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Hmm. How much does MP-10 have die cast on him, and where?

10. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^

Oh gosh, his spine and waist? He really doesn't have much.

So now I can tell which way this thread is going:lol 

Diecast equals quality:banghead: 

Just to jump forward a bit, if Diecast equals quality for you, get MP-01. A modern era brick:2c: 

11. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    If you can, try to get both since both MP-04 & MP-10 have different things going for them.

Personally, it's hard for me to decide which one is better than the other.

MP-04 has more diecast, looks better than MP-10 in alternate mode and the robot mode is huge!

MP-10 is in scale with other MP's, the robot mode has a lot of detail and it comes with more accessories (Spike and Roller are awesome!).

Like I said… Get both if you can and display MP-04 in alternate mode and MP-10 in robot mode with the trailer displayed showcasing all the accessories.

If you can only get one for now… I guess I would pull the trigger on MP-10 since you can find them at retail at moment.

On a side note, lately I’ve been seeing a few people selling their MP-04 at decent prices between $200 to $250, which isn’t that bad compared to what they were going for just last year.

12. Wheelie

Wheelie Riding on Grimlock!

Damn it! The more pictures I see of MP-10 the more I want him.

13. tgg7979

tgg7979 I want the matrix

Ebay:
    Sorry, but I gotta disagree there. MP-10's alt mode is a far better looking truck then its predecessor.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Especially since MP-10's cab is actually looks to be based on the Peterbilt (with some deviations as a result of simultaneously trying to simulate the geometry of Optimus Prime's chest), whereas MP-01/04's cab is this "eh, close enough" monstrosity.

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Actually I was hoping he wouldn't have a lot of die cast, at least in plain sight. Sure die cast looks nice but wait until it gets all chipped and linty.

My MP-4 is looking pretty unsightly.

16. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    Wow!! Fantastic pictures! Thanks.

I totally agree with you!! That's exactly how I feel!! :) 

17. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your photos do a great job at showing how great MP-10 looks in person.

As far as the diecast, I couldn't agree more. MP-01's diecast gives him that nifty heavy feeling I had as a kid when I'd be lugging a Voltron around the house, but it does add any quality to the figure for me outside of that. I've never been too comfortable standing him because of the weight and wide hip ratchet points.

MP-10's size and weight hit a really sweet spot.

18. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh ok, I didn't mean to jump the gun:bowdown: .

Thanks!

Couldn't agree more:dj 

19. OptimusScream

OptimusScream 5 SECOND LEADER

News Credits:
    How is the spike mini fig articulated and what's its quality

20. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

Totally!!! As for right now, I think i'll hold off for a US release of MP-10,but he seems like the guy that's worth picking up, thanks for all the advice guys :thumb !