Advice for getting a Perfect Effect Scouting Force X replacement part?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by BioBlade, Dec 21, 2011.

1. BioBlade

BioBlade Well-Known Member

I LOVE my Scouting Force X....easily one of my prize possessions, those three robots! A source of endless fun and inspiration, I wouldn't trade them for just about ANYTHING. Sadly, when mine arrived months ago, there was a flaw; the screw holding the gatling-gun/tripod to it's mount was stripped, and the thing fell off the moment I picked it up. So far, I've made to with carefully placing it back in after I pose them, and in tripod mode you can lock one of the legs in place so it stays put, but honestly I'd LOVE to get a replacement for it! Would it be possible to contact Perfect Effect and ask for them to ship me a replacement for the piece? I'd be willing to pay shipping, and even for the manufacturing it if need be! Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Just find another screw.

3. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where did you purchase it (BBTS, RK, TFSource) and how long ago?

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Pretty easy solution right there. If that is all the problem is, then this is what I would do.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Is the screw stripped or the part that the screw connects to?
    Also as asked, Where did you get it and when?

Worst case scenerio contact Perfect Effects.

6. BioBlade

The part the screw connects to I'm afraid. >< It's a pretty interesting setup, designed so the gattling gun can spin....finding a new screw wouldn't work considering the design. As for where I got it, most LIKELY BBTS. It was a year ago, and my memory is kind of crap. >< I figured my best bet would be getting ahold of Perfect Effect directly and asking if I could get a replacement for the part (again, I'd be happy to pay for it and the shipping), but I'm not sure HOW to get ahold of them. Looking up Perfect Effect on a search engine never seems to bring up anything but the sites they SELL through. Any ideas?

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I don't know, as you say, Perfect Effect is a little difficult to get ahold of as they seem to have no actual web presence of their own, at least in English (it's possible that they have a site that's in their native language which may not show up on English search results, I assume they're chinese).

That said, I don't even know if contacting them would help. Certainly iGear told me pretty much to shove it up my ass when I broke one of my conehead stands and contacted them offering to pay for a replacement.

I think you might be better served either trying to find a junker from someone, buying a second set or working out some kind of home remedy. Good luck, I feel for you man.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine had that problem, it was miss-pinned. thing fell apart when i opened it on my normal colored set, i used some 2 part plasticweld and put it on the shaft of the pin, pushed it in with a screwdriver making sure not to get the glue on the flats between the parts, it's been perfect ever since

9. BioBlade

I'm not very mechanically inclined, but I'd LOVE to give that a shot! Could you explain it again, in a bit more detail please? :D 

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1st get some 2 part epoxy (preferrably plasticweld) take the pieces apart,

mix the epoxy put the pin through the base for the tripod (plugs into the handle) and hold it there with a screwdriver or something,

apply the epoxy to only the sides of the pin, insert it into the legs part and give it a slight spin to make sure it's not sticky and it still spins,
    make sure the pin is all the way in,

and in less than five mins it should be fixed