Customs: Advice for first radicon re-do...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Driftscreen, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

Hey this is my first real post here so sorry if I miss-post or if this post doesnt belong here...just PM me if I'm wrong about something...anyways!

Just picked up a deluxe Jolt today (like him more then I thought by the way...) but once I got him into my collection I noticed something. My ROTF Autobots (I usually just collect Autobots unless theres a real good Decepticon figure exception ::cough...Animated Blitzwing...cough::)  but on the shelf below my ROTF figures i have some Universe/Classics and sitting there is Prowl...and then it hit me. ROTF Jolt could make a cool ROFT style Prowl. A neighbor is a local sheriff and as cool as barricade was...cop cars are not 2 door vehicles...so i think with some minor body mods...a head mod or even swap...a leg mod and some lights, maybe a front grill and new paint could make a cool Prowl. Guess since this is gunna be my first Radicon attempt I wanna do it right...so just looking for painting tips, help painting the clear pieces, and possible heads, hand mods ect...I appreciate the help fellow Radicons!

2. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Reading through our extensive tutorial section will help a lot. Check out the link on the right sidebar --->

Or.. just click here.

Good luck on your first custom! :thumb 

3. Driftscreen

The tutorials aside...im looking for personal tips, particularly in the sense of painting the plastics, both clear and and not on Jolt, as well as articualting his legs more...plus anyone who has advice for that to do for his police cattle guard (im thinking Barricade) as well as his police lightsis really what im looking for. I'm working on the 3 Arcee sisters on the side (obvi waiting on the 3rd toy before it can be finished) but I want to make this my first god re-do...THANKS!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know what possible articulation points you could need to add to a Universe Prowl toy other than a ball-jointed head?? All the painting questions you just asked are all addressed in the tutorials. You don't have to add a bull bar to make a police car (most of them don't have those anyway) As for the lightbar, all you need is another police car toy or model to steal the bar off of, and simply glue it on.

5. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    ^ What he said. Same thing with the bull bar. Just steal one from Barricade or something and glue them on to Jolt's grill. I don't think you can add LEDs to the police lights, though, because the two halves of the roof are stuck to his forearms. Or maybe some of our more members with more LED experience can help you with that.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I pretty much agree with what everyone else said, though there is one thing i would like to know: Are you keeping the Electro Whips?

As for the cattle guard and lights, yeah, steal them off Barricade, or off Universe Prowl if you don't mind the shape

No idea for the legs, though..

7. Driftscreen

No the electric whips would be gone. Thanks for the advice so far guys! I'm gunna go out today and grab a Barricade and another Jolt to start the project.

8. Driftscreen

First Radicon submission ever.

So I joined these forums not very long ago and LOVE all the creativity I see everyday so figured it's about time I popped my servo so to speak and began my first Custom.
    I am back east until the end of this week so right now this is simply just starting the thread and also because I need help. My ultimate goal is to make a ROTF style Prowl as I always liked Prowl and haven't found a suitable mold yet for Hound (my actual Num. 1 Fav.). At First I wanted to use Jolts mold but I was at a Wal-Mart today and had a second thought...Jolt would work but doesn't give me that sense of authority Prowl always exuded to me as a character, and with Wal-Mart's current 10 dollar deluxe deal I snagged a few figures so I could have some fodder lying around for what I thought would be Jolt...however I had a change of heart...

I plan to start work on the R8 Police Cruiser Prowl as soon as I get back to Cali but had a question first...are there any good feet i can switch Sideways current chicken feet with? They just suck...

Anyways more to come!

p.s. if there is a Kroeger Grocery store in your town they have Universe / Classics figures for like 4 bucks...got 4 figures today for about 19 dollars...happy hunting!

Attached Files:

9. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Active Member

Barricade's feet will snap right onto the ball joint that connects your typical Sideways feet.

10. Driftscreen

Cool I nabbed an Interrogator Barricade today so I'll play with that when I get home!

11. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    aaaauuuuddddiiiii!!!!!!!!!! yes! I was waiting for this! for some reason audi's make me exited.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Oooo, good luck with him.

13. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Different? But i like what your going to do!:) 
    personally im probly going to use Jolt, But i like the Reference pics you have linked.
    really give me idea of Prowl from Sideways,
    Good luck an i cannot wait to see how it turns out.
    Also i really like the last pic of the Audi! HAWTTT!:lol 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just so you know, the reason this thread was merged with your previous one is because until you have some sort of actual work to show, it's in the "discussion" stage. The project section is for threads that exhibit some form of project work beyond conceptual stages.

15. Driftscreen

Not a problem. Thanks for letting me know sorry i'm still kinda new to this all!

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :thumb