Customs: Advice for a TF Animated Pyro custom

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pyro, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Pyro

Pyro @NurseMidnight

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I need some advice on making a Transformers Animated custom Pyro. I've been wanting to do an Animated version of my namesake for a while and picked up a Voyager Optimus at Botcon to do so. I'm trying to color Pyro similar to his Last Stand of the Wrecker's version and this is what I've come up with. This is just a quick photoshop mockup of the colors scheme that I'll be painting him with.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts or advice?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I think I'd darken his legs/chest/shoulders just to make the difference between those and his head/hands more noticeable.

Other than that, looking good!

Edit: Oh! And horizontal stripes on the faceplate. :) 

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I'd say go for more of the orange. Right now I still see prime with the red in there. Maybe add more orange to the sides of the torso (along with the grill)? you could still keep the red in vehicle mode.
    Are you going to do any physical mods? I think at the very least you should ditch the flip up faceplate and change the head a bit.

Randy!

EDIT: I just checked LSW and saw what color scheme you're going with. I get it now.

4. Pyro

Pyro @NurseMidnight

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of doing something for the head, just to make it a little different than Prime. Maybe some antenna extensions.