So I decided to take the plunge and try to make my own silicone molds. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time since watching "Movie Magic" on discovery channel when I was in grade school. I figured before I moved on to fancy foam latex proesthetics, I would make some transformers parts. The first mold I'm going to work on is the Thrust wings I made. With any luck, I'll have successful molds of Thrust's wings and then I'll look at the possibility of selling them from there. I know not everyone can afford the botcon set, and personally, I think the Thrust wings on the botcon set look horrible. Anyways, this is what I have started with: My mold box with the wing and clay. Building up the clay and making my "seam" is a lot harder than what I thought it would be. Those lines dug into the clay are key holes, this will make a interlocking area for my two halves. I need to run to my classroom tomorrow to mix the silicone because it mixes by mass or weight (I have gram balances at school) and the mixture needs to be degassed (I have a vaccum pump and bell jar apparatus at school as well). Hopefully this will turn out ok, the silicone takes about 16 hours to cure, I'll post more pictures of my progress as it comes.