Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NGW, Dec 12, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Another upcoming release I can't believe slipped under my radar (though considering I haven't followed much game news lately, espescially since I've..pretty much left GameFAQs, and NGG before that it is somewhat understandable).

Have always been a HUGE fan of the series, though the only one I ever personally owned was Dual Strike (which was stolen unfortunately). So a new release on the DS has me pumped.

Days of Ruin looks absolutely amazing. The game is darker and more realistic. CO powers are significantly downplayed (they won't be nearly as game changing as before, and in the campaign come into play a fair bit later on).

There is an entirely new cast of COs, there are only four factions (and while the coloring is similar, they are all new regions), and the game has no connections with the rest of the series.

New properties (which can be built) and units, as well as alterations to old ones.

The campaign is 26 levels long, and you can unlock optional challenge/training missions. You also have the option to replay missions if you wish to do so.

The game also is going to be much more strategic than previous entries (which in my eyes already had a fair bit of strategy to them).

In addition, the game will feature online multiplayer and will allow players to upload custom maps for others to download.

Cannot wait.

Days of Ruin is due out on January 21st, 2008.

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I'll pick this one up, seeing as how there's never an excess surplus of Advance Wars. It's hard as fuck to find the originals.

I wish they would add a whole lot of new content to the series, as just adding a few new features each time hardly justifies the $40 I'll be spending on it.

Creating your own maps has me intrigued though....maybe one day we can create our own units.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    This game seems like a nice revamp to the series. Not sure exactly what all the new content will be, but I'd say it being online is worth picking it up for alone.

4. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Another Advance Wars? Sweeeeet. Always loved that game. I played the originals way back when...seems like it was close to when I was playing Golden Sun...

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sweet, a reason to keep my DS. Haven't touched it since Zelda.