Advanced computer help needed

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Zeta Otaku, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ok, I've torn my hair out trying to figure this one out...

I'm currently running a tri-monitor set up (yes, there's a reason for it besides it being cool/uber nerd), two monitors and an HDMI running to my TV. Video wise, everything is beautiful... but, it's the audio that gets tricky.

I'm using an ASUS AMD board (M3N72-D) which also has onboard audio that I would need to enable to get audio to pump out the HDMI. I ALSO have a Creative X-Fi Fatality card in there that I've been using for months. Now, the whole reason I want to be able to use the HDMI audio is so I can just click and drag a video file over to my TV and play it and have the audio come through the TV speakers. This ALMOST works, but if I enable the onboard audio, the TV picture flickers like it's scrolling through resolutions, though the audio DOES work through the TV. Note, it DOESN"T do this when onboard audio is disabled through the BIOS.

I've tried almost everything I can think of to fix this (driver updates, lowering resolutions on the TV, disabling the X-Fi card), but I'm really stumped. I'm ALMOST where I want to be with this but I'm stuck with this slight issue. Any ideas or insight would be MUCH appreciated right now.