Adults and Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I play Transformers with my kids all the time. My wife would probably send me to the loonie bin if she saw me on the floor playing by myself.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I play with them almost exactly as you describe unless they have a frustrating transformation then they get shelved.

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'm thirteen, and I don't play with them! But my uncle... he's almost FORTY. And he plays all the time.

4. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

I must say it is amazing how much of that C.S. Lewis quote gets left out, I have only ever seen the "When I became a man I put away childish things" bit. I do occasionally still play with them, I fiddle a lot. If I had a lot more free time I would still probably have more all out battles.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I transform them or play around with their action features all the time. Once in a blue moon I'll have Optimus beat the crap out of Megatron or something, but usually "playing" with my toys now means changing my display set ups.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    i play with them when my daughter wants her barbies to play with the transformers. this usually means no epic battles but they go on picknicks together.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hmmm, "The girl who loved Powerglide" comes to mind! LOL!

8. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fourteen, and I just fiddle with them. Never did do hardcore battles, even when I started collecting. Only picking them up and transforming them once in a while.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I do not play with them. I will transform them, pose them, dust and arrange them but I do not sit by myself and have battles. When my daughter wants to play Transformers I will do exactly that with her. We will have battles, ratchet will fix them on the Ark, sound effects and all. I quite enjoy myself when we do, but I get bored quick. It is much more the enjoyment of playtime with my daughter than anything else. I wouldn't have fun playing that way on my own. I don't give a shit what people think, but there defintely would be social reprocussions if I did play with them like a kid. My wife and most of the type of women I dated wouldn't have given me another glance if they ever saw me playing with toys like a kid. I actually hid my toy collecting hobby for years. I generally attracted and was attracted to women that liked manly men. Once they got to know me it didn't matter, but before hand it would effect their view of me. Sucks but that's reality.

10. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I don't bang them into one another...too expensive. I transfem and rearrange them from time to time. I have it in me to do the voices and such from childhood, but that only comes out every once in a while now. Just too much other stuff going on most of the time.

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I still play with my toys occasionally.

I'm 34 and don't have any learning disorder.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I transform them back and forth, take photos from time to time and display them on my shelves.

13. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I like to "fiddle" with them every once and a while.

14. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Don't be ashamed of playing with 'em. It helps keep your childhood alive.

I don't usually have them battle. Like someone here said, I just don't have a good enough imagination for that. :(  But I do fiddle with them here and there. 2 weeks ago, I picked up Rumble and transformed him back and forth and fiddled with him. It wasn't battling against the Autobots, but I was definetly playing with him and I don't mind saying that I enjoyed it. :D 

Also, one time I was watching and episode of Animated and I took my G1 toys and was acting out the episode using the toys. That was really cool too and I hope to do that again some time. ;) 

I also acting out scenes of ROTF using Soundwave and Ravage. ;)  You should try that some time too.

15. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Display, photograph, and fiddle. A lot.

I have the main Prime display on shelves, and a sort of small desktop display that I rotate every now and then. Last week it was "Grimlocks", and right now its "Major TFs from the '86 movie."

16. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not an Adult but I see wht you're saying

I occasionally pick one up and become a kid again but 98% of the time they are mainly just posing on the table on display in my room or I'm using them in my comic ^^.

now My Masterpiece Skywarp stays on display where my Computer is...but I pick it up every now and then for my photocomic

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, I just transform them a lot and put them in cool poses. If by "play" you mean picking them up and go "pew pew take that", I don't do that, but if someone enjoys it, I wouldn't see the problem.

18. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Hmmmm I do transform my favorite ones, but very carefully, I'm very careful with my toys, to the point of being OC...

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I don't play with my two Masterpieces, their just to fragile. I consider those to be more like model's for display only. Occasionally I'll transform my Masterpiece Skywarp to jet and display him as such.
    Only TF's I enjoy playing with are my G1's. After all, those ARE toys. I'm just much more careful with them.
    And yea, watching an episode or two, or even the movie does tend to make you want to grab a figure and play along.
    I'm glad to see this thread growing! Certainly a much better thread than my Smurfs one! What the smurf was I thinking? LOL!

20. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

i dont play with my TF's (i only have 1 right now, the rest were sold due to moving :(  ) but i do love to fiddle with my joes and ML's. i am a writer and having a figure thats close to the form of a human body helps me think of what a character would do in a fight.