Adult swim on CN is just pur garbage/awful,does anyone actually like those cartoons.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'm referring to the cartoon network self made company "adult swim" cartoons. there so horrible & make no sense there not even watchable.

for starters,the bulk of the adult swim cartoons on CN look like there were drawn by a 3 year old kid. the art designs are so awful to call them amatuer art would be a compliment.

Second,then there's the extremly depression vibe all the adult swim cartoon on CN echo. nothing is more depression that seeing a bunch of drug addicts,drunks,sex crazed perverts Has beens,low lifes,murders not too bright,never had real jobs,living in the ghetto. brains ruined by drugs/alchol,etc...................

Third,all the characters created by the cartoon network lack 3-d persona. heck they don't even posssess 1-d persona's. there is zero character persona growth,characters take all the emotions to the annoying levels. dialogue is a waste of words. there is nothing special to make viewers care about these characters. they all seem to possess crazy,mental,rude,crude eccentric behaviors like they all just checked out of the crazy house without permission.

Main article: List of Adult Swim programs
    Adult Swim has a history of unique original shows such as Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, The Venture Bros., Squidbillies, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. A few of their shows are remakes or relaunches of classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons, including Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Sealab 2021, and Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which got its own spinoff, The Brak Show. AS's syndicated programs that are aired are mostly from Fox and BBC, including Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad!, Futurama (before Comedy Central acquired broadcast rights)[23], The PJs, The Mighty Boosh and The Office. The channel also has a history of showing anime series [24], including Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Lupin III (a.k.a. Lupin the 3rd), Case Closed, InuYasha, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Code Geass, Wolf's Rain, Trinity Blood, Blood+, FLCL, Eureka Seven, s-CRY-ed, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Kekkaishi and Outlaw Star. boondocks.

as you can clearly see from the list above. the adult swim cartoons that are "not awful" are the ones "NOT CREATED" by the cartoon network company. while all the adult swim cartoons that "are awful" & "not watchable" are created by the cartoon network company.

I watch some cartoons to go to a happy place or to see cutting edge animation.

I suspose cartoon network never really did create any decent or watchable company created cartoons. those "cartoon cartoons" were another nighmare. they were extremly in your face annoying,exagerrated emotions pushed to newer levels. for the most part the story telling was still simple,animation was garbage & just not watchable. after a while the same story set up for each cartoon was very repeative,no new ideas. the cartoon cartoons seemed to cater exclusively to kids under 4 years of age. with little regard to trying to cater to a older viewer audience beyond 5 years of age. cartoon cartoons i'm referring to are powerpuff girls,dexters labority,johhny,courage the cowardly dog,kids next door,edd ed & eddy,cow & chicken,I am weasel,billy & mandy grim reaper cartoon & the rest I can't remember.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    There is a movie/TV forum.

Also I've never understood how Anime is considered Adult Swim, nor how the name Adult Swim stuck as its truly horrible.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    It's good that you're watching cartoons to 'go to a happy place or see cutting edge animation', but you do realise not all cartoons are made with that intention, right?..

This is a bit like going to the movies because you like to see a romantic comedy, then going mental once you find out you're in the theatre playing The Expendables...

I'd like to know which ones on that huge list you actually like, because right now I'm not really sure which ones you like or hate. Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, Robot Chicken, Johnny Bravo (season2+), Dexter's Lab are all pretty damn good or fun shows to me..

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    No love for 12 oz Mouse in this thread?

6. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Because it hasent been posted yet.....

Haters.....gonna hate.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Venture Brothers

Thread over.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't have a problem with it... But I do miss Space Ghost.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Only good things to watch are Family Guy, Venture Bros. and Robot Chicken; all other stuff is crap

10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Puh-lease.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    While I won't say that Adult Swim is all garbage (seriously, Venture Brothers), I do think it has more than its fair share of utter crap. I've always attributed this to two things. First, since Williams Street not only produces the shows for Adult Swim but also runs it, there's no outside editor who can say "This is stupid, don't put it on the air." Second, lots and lots and lots of marijuana. I think the key to understanding most of Adult Swims shows is to get so incredibly high that you will laugh at anything (which is how most of it was probably written).

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Shocking suggestion - Don't watch shows you don't like.

13. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law. Respect.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Out of my way
    I'm drunk as heeeellllllllllllll!

i only watch why i like. but family guy is just lame to me.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If the past decade of programming on Cartoon Network is television that you don't like, then how do you know so much about it? Do you, in fact, seek out and digest television programming that you don't enjoy?

What a bizarre, sadomasochistic way to enjoy cable. :crazy: 

16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Adult Swim, pal. That means kids need to be out of the pool. This is not for you.

Hey! What is that? Is that pimento cheese? No eating in the pool!
    (those old bumps were classic)

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Original Adult Swim shows are all exercises in absurdity. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

GO TEAM VENTURE!

18. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    This. Space Ghost Coast to Coast ftw. :( 

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Duncan Hills will wake you
    From a thousand deaths
    A cup of blackened blood
    (Dying, dying)
    You're dying for a cup

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The term "Adult Swim" is used in public pools for hours during the day when kids would be more or less banned from the pool and only older people (adults) were allowed to use it. It was this idea that basically formed the backbone to the Adult Swim concept. At a certain time at night (originally thursdays and sundays only) Cartoon Network, an otherwise predominantly kids network, would stop airing child friendly cartoons and focus on ones with more "mature" subject matter. Many (not all) of the Anime they show fall into this category, with graphic violence, deep plot and character development, nudity/sexuality, casual drug use, and so forth/so on. While some series do blur the lines on these issues, generally speaking, anything that would need an "MA14" warning label is something Adult Swim would generally air.

As for the actual network itself, over it's past 10 years (good god has it been that long already? I remember when Cowboy Bebop and the Brak Show first came out) the Adult Swim label has been attached to some absolute gems and some terrible stinkers. But the same could be said for any network, the gems are only remembered in time and the horrible attempts eventually fade from memory. Combined with the fact that Williams Street is a fairly small company and one that takes a lot of risks as to what might or might not work, and they can come up with some crazy/cheap crap.

Right now, my two favorite still in production AS swim shows are easily Venture Bros and Metalocalypse, the rest I don't really bother with.