Adult Swim moves to 8pm next year

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I doubt it would be a problem. I don't think that they'll air anything really offensive until late. They'll probably put on some of the tamer shows until 11:00 or so. As it is Adult Swim eases into the adult shows with King of the Hill and Family Guy, which are kid friendly to a point and are commonly aired earlier on other channels. Plus there's a show on Cartoon Network around the 8-9 timeframe called Teen Drama Island or something like that which I watched a little bit of once. Seriously, I was offended. It's definitely not a show for anyone younger than...jeez...I don't even know, it's just really not for kids.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Total Drama Island....good times....goood times.....

Though I think they'll probably air some of their anime programs, like FMA and Bleach or something and then air more mature programs by 10.

4. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Cartoon Network is going the way of MTV. Seriously. They've started up a bunch of non-cartoon shows on that channel, and from the sounds of it, they'd like to continue to trend in a live-action direction. Sacrificing another hour to Adult Swim will only weaken their animated lineup futher.

Now, from an Adult Swim perspective, I'm thrilled. This should mean more Robot Chicken, more Venture Brothers, and more of other shows that I like. Sure, there's a lot of [as] shows that I don't watch, but they usually do a decent enough job of rotating their lineup and keeping the shows fresh. More Ghost In The Shell please.

And even though we're on the non-Transformers board here, it's likely pretty easy to draw some sort of connection to the launch of The Hub, which will likely feature a lot of animated programming (including Transformers), and Cartoon Network's shift towards a new direction (heavier emphasis on live action and Adult Swim). NickToons and The Hub may soon be better places to launch new kids cartoons.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sounds good to me. Things like Family Guy and King of the Hill are prime shows anyways.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    To go back to CN's little Live Action Show line-up plan, safe to say it failed miserably. MISERABLY.

Just about every show completely failed. There are only two I know of that they still show and even then they only show them no more then twice a week or so.

Hope those idiot suits learned their lesson.

7. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Nope. There are more live action shows in the works. The guy in charge wanted to drop "cartoon" from the channel title but his live action junk failed and he didn't get to.

Someone needs to fire this guy. Live action on a channel called "cartoon" network is just as dumb as when cartoon network turned down spongebob! (Yes they rejected spongebob! Nick must still be laughing at them!)

8. Deathbringer

Deathbringer Banned

Cartoon Network is dead to me...

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wouldn't mind watching Family Guy or Robot Chicken a little earlier. As long as they don't fuck with my Clone Wars time, I'm good.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

They already are imo. I'm still a bit leery that CN was able to nab Adventure Time. But they showed Chowder some love so Adventure Time should hopefully be treated well.

Chances are Clone Wars will become an AS show. It's been on AS before and often features a mature content warning.

Personally, I see 8pm as being too early for AS to come on. Even Nick at Nite doesn't start that early and it's running on the similar concept of kids network to adult network. I can't really see what else they'd be showing at 8pm, but chances are they won't really gain any viewers from it unless they get some phenomenal new series and not just syndicated old cartoons and crazy 15 minute crackhead skit fests.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nick at Nite starts at 8 I thought.

12. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    The title of this thread is wrong. According to the link in the first post, [as] will start at 9pm.

13. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything it would strengthen animation on the channel. Adult Swim's only Live-Action stuff is T&EASGJ and the British Block. The British Block only being on once a week at midnight and T&EASGJ also being on late chances are it will barely affect things.
    Not necessarily. You won't be seeing more of the shows, it will most likely be on at the same time.
    Yeah it was a horrible decision in the end with the only show doing even moderately well being Dude what would happen.
    The Clone Wars that airs on [as] is to nit and gritty, with switching lines from "What the heck!?" to "What the Hell!?" and the use of blood, to become the designated area.
    It is already having some great time and promotional spots but it also has to compete with the new cartoon coming out by the guys from Ben10
    King of the Hill I can see be shown at the time but this also gives them chance to turn the new 1-2 new hours(whatever the official new time will be) into a new "Toonami". Currently Bleach constantly lands on the top of the ratings chart for them and some new non Shoenn Jump(I hope) kid friendly Anime or even censored Anime could fill in the spot and the whole bringing in Full Metal Alchemist could be a sign of this.

14. Gaastra

News Credits:
    East and west time. It will be 8pm on some and 9pm on the rest.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

adult swim is consuming cartoon network. :lol 

16. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

Pretty much the Canadian watershed here,and I'm glad that they're putting it earlier,considering that I couldn't watch [AS] for being so late.

If they have the balls to put up their original programming at 9....yeah,of course they won't....worked for Teletoon without any complaints...that I know of :D 

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Adult Swim is like the Old School version of BET; BET started out as just a programming block on some network's late night- "We don't have anything to air" slot and it took off from there.

If Adult Swim gets any bigger, i hope instead of CN letting them take over, AS just becomes their own little fledgling network.

although, if CN continues with this live action shite, they deserve to be just a page in a TV history book.

If they are gonna do live-action shows, why can't they at least do Cartoon themed live action shows? Like a Scooby Themed gameshow, or a Johnny Quest style action show?
    anything but this Junkyard Wars meets Nick kids crap.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's the opposite, brah. The original broadcasts had that stuff, but subsequent airings on regular CN had it edited out.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I don't like this. That's too early for a kid-oriented network like CN to start showing adult stuff, especially when you consider it'll be even earlier when you go further west. King of the Hill I could see MAYBE being okay for older kids, but any other program on AS no way.

20. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    oh yeah my sons would be very mad if they changed clonewars