Adi Granov for Transformers, please!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by luca_frontino, Jan 11, 2009.

?

Should Adi Granov work on Transformers?

1. Yes, of course!

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No, I'm a jerk and I will vote so just to pull down all those "yes".

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

I absolutely want a TF comic book illustrated by AG.
    [​IMG]

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Give him about two years to finish one issue and I'd say yeah, but your poll is entirely too limited and frankly insulting to anyone with a different opinion than yours.

3. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

I know I'll be flamed into oblivion for being such a noob and not knowing this, but...

Who's Adi Granov?

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Covers maybe - the guy's not an interior artist at all. Unless like smkspy said, you wanna wait 2 years between issues.

I'd rather see that guy who does the CGI Mosaics do a book than Adi though personally.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Who the fuck is Adi Granov?

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i'd definitely be interested in seeing his take on the bots

he draws Iron Man very very well IMO

7. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Fixed :) 

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

For those that don;t know, Adi Granov was the guy who worked on the art for the relaunch of Iron Man a few years back. he also helped design the Iron man movie armor. Prior to that, he did Necrowar for Dreamwave and various Marvel Covers. He is currently working on the much delayed Iron man Viva Las Vegaas which is written by Jon Faverau.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Didn't need fixin. The OP just needed to say "Hey this guy did work on Iron Man, would be good for TF"

Thanks Wreckgar for explaining who the dude is.

10. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I really Adi Granov, if he does a Transformers comic, it will probably be an one-shot

And it seems that the delayed of Iron Man Viva Las Vegas is actually Jon Faverau's fault. The guy is too busy for Iron Man II

11. Wreckgar

I will never understand the writers being the cause for late books. For a book to get the go-ahead, a summary needs to be done so the idea and breakdown of issues are practically written. You just need the dialog and details. Takes maybe a day to write an issue. SO just say, do a half hour a day for a month and presto, issue!

12. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

His covers for Nova are just wonderful. Especially #10. Alex Maleev wasnt bad either.

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow.

Dude have you ever written a comic? It's not that easy. Especially if you have to write story arcs and plan in advance where all of your plot points need to go. (that is if you want to write a good book.) Then you also have to take into account all of the past stories written on the chracter you're penning. (again if you want your book to be well written to what the chracter has done before.)

If you have to write something completely new, you then have to take the time to create the world the story takes place in.

I'm not saying your take on writing is totaly wrong, it's just that there are other factors to include like rewrites, editors, (who can make you want to pull your hair out by making you rewrite a story) other writer's stories that may have to crossover with yours, and Artists who try to rewrite the story.

Many writers have their own ways of writing and some things that come easy for one writer may not be so easy for another. For example, I can plot and weave a grand story on an epic scale in a very short period of time. Yet I get bogged down by simple dialog. On one book I wrote, I was told to come up with a poem for two characters to recite. It took me two days to come up with what my editor was looking for. (18 rewrites. ugh.) The joke of it all was that each time I wrote one of the damn things, I was told to rewrite it to be stupid and silly. (which was one of the things that tripped me up as I had to make this poem 18 times worse than my first one.)

14. Wreckgar

I have written a comic, a few actually. But no, I have never had to go through editors. But let me explain my stance.

I don't understand how writers can make books late mid arc. I can see hammering out an arc and getting stuck between the next one, but mid arc should be planned. And I dont doubt it happens

15. Hiro Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since most scripts have to be finished months before a comic is even solicited, the only way a book can be late by the "fault" of the writer, is if the editor wants a rewrite. It's even worse if that writer is in the middle of another script or two.

*EDIT* Or if a new writer is broght in mid arc (for whatever reason) to pick up where the the last writer couldn't. (tho that's still the editor's fault usually which is why Marvel use to have filler issues)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  16. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it would look a lot like Spotlight: Sideswipe.

17. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    OR if the writer is too big to be reigned in by the editors and the book is allowed to go forward without the writer having turned in anything but the script for the first issue.

18. Wreckgar

Eh, I'll admit it could be elsewhere but when Bendis can write 4 books a month and consistently , all be on time, and have rewrites and edits, I have issue with guys writing one book and it's late.

But anyway, another question for you Sir Comic Store owner. What the hell was the 1:100 Iron Man variant from last week?

19. Hiro Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are a few guys who can write fast. Peter David use to write 4 to 6 comics and a Star Trek novel each month. Some are just not so fast. Granted a slow writer slows down the train for everyone else that comes after him.

I assume you mean Ironman #10. Marvel is trying an old Image trick to get guys who own shops like me to order more books. I don't think it's going to work tho as people need to think that an issue is rare in order to pay more for it. Because of E-bay, everyone who has the book is trying to sell them all at the same time it seems so it's not selling for much.

I actually got by mistake in my box which surprised me as I don't order anywhere near enough issues of Ironman to have recieved one.

20. Wreckgar

Actually i found out that it isn't a 1:100 issue. It's a one per retailer book. my other shop has the same issue. They don't order nearly enough but got it. However, the only difference we found was the UPC was different.