Additional Images Of MPM-3 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been covered many times already, but is the yellow in car mode painted or is it yellow plastic?

2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    Yellow plastic it appears. In all pics, there hasn't been any metallic sheen of sorts. I'm guessing however that areas such as the top car piece is clear plastic that is painted over though

• Like Like x 2
  3. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    some bits look like they are painted and some don't

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, which is a real shame. The yellow on his feet and the rear window bits hanging off the door wings look painted, the rest of the yellow just looks like plastic. Looks like an incredible figure, but this makes him the only MP car not fully painted since Wheeljack. Makes it less Masterpiece-y.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So the license plate is back to "4NZZ454" in both modes (his robot mode license plate for the first two movies). Which makes it not screen-accurate in vehicle mode (vehicle mode license plate has always been "900 STRA", also used in robot mode for DOTM and AOE).

Early stock photos of MPM-3 Bumblebee had a completely inaccurate "4N7 454" license plate in robot mode, while the sample on display at Toy Fair had a "900 STRA" license plate in robot mode.

7. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Eh, at least it's accurate in the mode that counts, and I'm sure there'll be a nice reprolabels set for this guy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    Once I get this figure, those yellow trims around the windows are going to die

9. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, not sure what that's about

10. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
  11. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, you bet he is. That's why I said we won't have to wait till September to get Prime. More July/August.

• Like Like x 2
  12. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    let's hope your right

• Like Like x 1
  13. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    Netclow just posted at fb that he has him in stock!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    It is a bit of a shame really considering how good it looked on the official pictures, which I assume depict a fully painted prototype. If the final version of the toy looked more like this I would’ve bought one for sure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. gluejohn

gluejohn Well-Known Member

hmmm, not sure if it's been discussed before but I'm wondering what the chances are of a premium TakaraTomy release, ala Legends versions of Titans Returns figures? If they go that route and give him a premium paint job, I'd definitely bite! As it is, I'm still on the fence...

16. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    I'm throwing all my other MP's away for him, well i mean my BW MP's, Movie Bee looks so much more appealling to me then Primal and Cheetor.

(also because i like the camaro more then a munkey j/k)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Currently chances are not too good, Takara is releasing this figure in late August and it seems to be the exact same as the Hasbro one.

But who knows, maybe they will release a ROTF version with a better paint job in a few years or so.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    August? I thought it was July? Or is it only the Hasbro one that's released in July?

I wonder why he's packaged with the doors open, as though they haven't finished transformed him - what could be the reason for that?

It is a shame that the car isn't painted, I suppose. In vehicle mode, he doesn't look any more of a "masterpiece" than, say, Human Alliance Bumblebee - no more premium at all, and definitely not on a par with the G1 MPs on that score. The robot mode is superb, though. I'm generally a "geewunner", and have mixed feelings about the Bay films ("mixed" meaning that I think some are terrible and some are okay :)  ), but I do like the designs from the first movie, and this captures Bumblebee near perfectly (minor issues such as the upside-down lower door wings and placement of rear headlights aside). Those photos showing him pulling off all the promotional poses really show what an amazing job they've done. I hope this does well enough that they consider a version using the old beat-up Camaro - that was my favourite version of Bumblebee in the movies. (Maybe, if the Bumblebee movie really is set in the '80s, we'll get it then? A long shot for an MP, though.)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it really a bad thing that he's not fully painted though? I don't own any other MP carbots other than Hot Rod (unless he's not considered one), and he's not fully painted either. Depending on how it looks, unpainted plastic can be a blessing in disguise as there is less paint to scratch and damage.

• Like Like x 4
  20. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mainly it just looks a *lot* nicer. MP Wheeljack really suffered in this regard. When you put him next to Sideswipe, Bluestreak or even Bumblebee, he looks very plastick-y and more "toyish" than a "premium collectible" (speech marks merely to show that I fully aware I'm still an adult buying a toy :)  ). Scratching can be an issue, though, and I wonder if the complexity of movie Bumblebee made it harder to paint without the risk of scratching - there are a lot of parts that end up against each other in robot mode. Then again, MP Sunstreaker has a lot of such parts (but we've only seen prototypes of Sunstreaker, so there's no way of knowing whether the final version will be painted or not). It's certainly not the deal-breaker for me that it is for some, though - he still looks incredible. (And who knows, in-hand he might turn out to have a thin glossy coating that doesn't show up in pictures?)

• Like Like x 4