Additional Images Of MPM-3 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 29, 2017.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime Collector of Multiple TF Lines

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Sorry for the long delay, but here are car pics. They don't scale well when in their car modes but it can be fudged with clever photography.

20170810_112206.jpg
    20170810_112144.jpg
    20170810_112131.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 MPM-5, take MPM-3 down a peg or 2.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. bubbalew

bubbalew Well-Known Member

Got mine today from TCP. He is perfect with no loose joints, stands with no problem. IMG_1418.JPG IMG_1417.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  4. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love if they did TLK Megatron version...that jet mode looks pretty cool.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Nice! I think what a lot of people complaining about weak ankle joints do is completely straighten out the legs and not move the ankle joints to their most forward position. That would lead to the figure seeming backheavy and perhaps toppling back easier.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Active Member

The ankles on both my copies do not pivot forward or back. They only have sideways ankle tilt. There is a joint that looks like it's for that purpose but it does not feel good to move it. Feels like it's going to break. And on top of that it's floppy in the straight position so I was thinking about putting some Future on there to stiffen it up. This figure is supposed to have forward and back ankle articulation?

7. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    Yup. In my opinion rotating the joint into its forward position creates a more natural stance and makes him more balanced. I think that's the way it's supposed to be when fully transformed.

"Straight" position
    IMG_5518.JPG

Forward position
    IMG_5519.JPG

Rotating it into the forward position should allow you to easily pull off all kinds of poses while maintaining stability.

IMG_5308.JPG IMG_5312.JPG IMG_5313.JPG IMG_5324.JPG

Hope that helps :) 

• Like Like x 10
  8. Ken6996

Ken6996 Member

So I got mine today from eBay, I couldn't wait lol but it was worth the $100 for me. I went to 6 TRU's in upper NJ and the lone TRU in Manhattan and nothing so yeah. I took some pics with buster prime as my collection is small so I'm trying to make a movie verse display with 1 version of each figure that I think is definitive. Buster prime and mpm bee fit the bill IMO. It seemed flawless as there's no bad paint apps or broken pieces but I came across this issue with the hood. I know some people have had this issue and I may know why. Here are some pics and there is a screw right below the side hood panels that's supposed to connect the 2 panels below the hood piece so that it can attach. I saw mine came with 1 screw and not with the other one so I know that I wasn't transforming him wrong. I'll try to find a replacement in the next 2 weeks and update with new pictures. Sorry if the pics where the screws are are a bit blurry, I couldn't find my camera :(  [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Missing screw:

[​IMG]

Here's the one with the screw:

[​IMG]

9. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
    I also just got this guy (TRU version) off eBay. Very awesome figure. Mine also has weak ankles. Stiff enough to pose but still tends to fall back. Guess he needs some future too (not as bad as MP hotrod).

IMG_6428.JPG

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. artimus prime

artimus prime Collector of Multiple TF Lines

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I started some mild customization of my MPM. Bright silver wheels and got rid of the inaccurate body color B pillar. More to come.

Stock
    [​IMG]

Mine
    20170811_200103.jpg

20170811_200139.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  12. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Brand New: Science Fiction = Masterpiece

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Active Member

Thanks for posting all the pics! It makes me want to get a Takara version to see if it's any better. I tried to bend that ankle joint forward and out of 4 ankle joints on my two TRU Bees only one clicks nicely into the forward position and stays there. The other three feel like you're forcing them and if I do push them forward they just spring back to the straight position. I believe they are not assembled properly or there's a tolerance issue causing an interference.

14. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    Oh man, that sucks :( 

15. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Harbinger of death

News Credits:
    P_20170812_054244.jpg P_20170812_054244.jpg P_20170812_054050.jpg P_20170812_053742.jpg P_20170812_053601.jpg P_20170812_054244.jpg P_20170812_054050.jpg P_20170812_053742.jpg P_20170812_053601.jpg P_20170812_053456.jpg P_20170812_053246.jpg P_20170812_053056.jpg IMG_20170812_052845_584.jpg P_20170812_052458.jpg P_20170812_051858.jpg P_20170812_051722.jpg P_20170812_051218.jpg
    P_20170812_051027.jpg
    Mpm bumblebee is a fantastic figure and fully deserving of the title masterpiece. It is extremely articulated and also stable, as the multiple ratchets all over the figure allow it to hold extremely difficult poses like high kicks and one legged poses. Okay, so I'll go over the pros first. For such a small figure, they packed so many ratchets into this guys lower half that he is basically extremely stable in whatever pose where he has both legs on the ground. And I'd assume the diecast helps in part with that too. And the soft ratchets in the shoulders allow bee to hold up his cannon without an significant issues. The figure is also extremely expressive and represents the on screen character almost flawlessly, whether that be a pro or con I'll leave that up to you guys. The paintwork on the figure is also extremely crisp, and the gunmetal they used for the majority of bee's thighs and some of his upper and lower arms makes the figure feel like a premium collector's product instead of some toy. The molding and sculpting on the figure is gorgeous, and brings to life the on screen character and despite most of the yellow plastic being unpainted, it does not detract from the overall look of the figure, and while it looks very bright in the photos, in person it actually had a tinge of orange. And all the accessories and features such as the gun and battle mask work beautifully, but it's a real pity that the cannon cannot latch onto the left arm, but that's not a valid complaint. The battle mask is screen accurate, but extremely fragile and to release it, you have to press down hard to keep it down as you remove the top piece, or you'll end up breaking the mask off when excessive pressure is applied, and that was something I learnt the hard way. But it just pops back on which is well and good.

Now that the positives are out of the way, lets talk about the negatives. While this figure does many things right, it has a few problems. I'll start off with the most major one being the figure's instability. While it's not terrible, it can be a pain in the ass when you're trying to pose the figure, and I really wish the ankles were tighter on the figure. That's a complaint that I've had for tons of my figures, and I would like to see toy companies try to make their too heavy figures have much more stable ankles. Another problem is the price. As I've previously stated, this is essentially a carbot, and outside of toys r us, one is forced to pay about 100 USD for a carbot. And despite the impressive paint, articulation and sculpting, it's really not that worth the 100 dollars. Don't get me wrong, I love this figure, but man the thing is really overpriced in some areas, try to get it for 79 or less, nothing more. Another complaint I have is that the large amounts of kibble behind the leg inhibit it from performing more extreme poses, but really I don't see how they could have gotten around that. And also the awkward thumb position sometimes ruins pictures.

All in all, I'm extremely impressed with this figure despite its flaws, and the engineering is really something to marvel about, as they managed to compress the whole roof of the car into a tiny little section in the chest, and though I would have liked more accessories to go with this guy, the current weapon is enough for me. And overall I'd say this is a solid figure, but not one without flaws, and I really think that it is an excellent investment and display piece for your collection, but try to pick one up at a decent price. And now I'm off to pick up mpm prime, or the KO at least, cause I'm a cheapskate lol

• Like Like x 13
  16. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Are there any differences between the Takara and Hasbro besides the eyes? I read a few people say the heels/ankles on TT are slightly stronger. Do many of you agree with that?

17. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    I can't say with any confidence that the TT release is overall sturdier than the hasbro release as I've only handled my own copy. That said though, the TT release I personally own is quite sturdy and has tight joints. Haven't read any QC issues of the TT toy either, expect that one dude that tore off the figure's head.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    I just got the TT release from HLJ. Prior to that, I've handled my buddies Hasbro Asia release, plus my own Hasbro one I picked up from TRU.

Both Hasbro ones were pretty much identical. I think the ankles on mine were a big more snug, however both mine and my friends stood with no issues, regardless, and their ankles were just fine.

The TT ones does indeed seem to have even slightly better ankles than the other two, and stands perfectly fine.

The biggest difference on the TT one, and I don't think anyone's mentioned it before, is the distinctly more sparkly paint job! I thought I noticed it in some photos, which is why I jumped on the chance when he popped up on HLJ again. Both the Hasbro ones I've handled have the same, barely glossy, if you look reeeeaaaallll close you might see a couple metal flakes, paintjob. TT's absolutely has metal flake in the paint, and appears more glossy too. The paint job is also more consistent, without mismatched panels (especially that rear roof panel) like my Hasbro one.

His blaster is also painted all silver, with a few little details left gray, instead of the gradient the Hasbro one has.

• Like Like x 3
  19. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Many thanks to Toydojo for sending me a replacement piece for my Bumblebee. Now i have a perfect copy :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  20. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some have been saying that the thigh armor is upside down. From what I understand, the MPM is the opposite of the Human Alliance, which everyone was saying was wrong. So technically, it's correct, isn't it?

RotF_BB_mod01.jpg

• Like Like x 4