Addition of "Mercenary" Conquest/TDM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by itMFtis, Aug 27, 2012.

1. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just using the phrase from CoD where you can go into a room and not worry about being stomped out by a "clan" of people partied together against a bunch of randoms. I think this game needs it. Several times I've seen the top 3 scorers end up on the same team. I never had this happen in the demo so I can only assume they are partied up. Thoughts?

2. itMFtis

News Credits:
    For those that don't know, mercenary mode (in CoD) is a mode that doesn't allow parties to join, therefore all games should pit random teams on random teams. For instance, you might have mercenary TDM, mercenary head hunters, mercenary CTF, etc. I always used this handy mode when I was jumping on for short periods on time in CoD. I think FoC would greatly be more enjoyable with it rather than being stranded against a party of really good players who are often all on mics or overly coordinated.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

That's basically why there were no parties allowed in the demo, people would have destroyed everyone and nobody would have bought it.

4. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I know I 'd love to have a "choice" to enter in or opt out a party match... imagine if I was just a beginner (or unfamiliar with the map) it just SUCKS kept getting killed by a squad and WHY did I have to entertain these people as being a victim?

now unless if one think he is very very good... then he can go in a match like that and beat the crap of these people...

and one thing I experienced is if I dropped out of a match, usually the lobby system will punish me to have myself waiting and waiting for other people to join... could be endlessly waiting... so I know i either have to entertain those people till that last game ends or exit the lobby and coming back in... Wasting times in either way.

But the whole partying thing is not a Balance thing and why High Moon Studio saying so much about "balancing" ... maybe they neglected that detail...

5. itMFtis

News Credits:
    To make it worse, many times I've found those partied up kids like to brag and shit after a dominating match.

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    It always pisses me off how every time that high-pitched voice is on my team, in the end I always here 7 others on the enemy team going "YEAH WE ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHA U DEADED". It was so satisfying when I dominated THEM.

7. itMFtis

News Credits:
    The other thing that bothers me is that the teams sometimes end up stacked 7 vs 5 (or worse). How did their programming allow 7 on a team in the first place? >_> I could be wrong, but I also think this has something to do with partied players throwing the count off.