Customs: Adding Articulation to Kabaya Fort Max

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shamanking282, Aug 13, 2012.

1. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I just received and built Kabaya Fortress Maximus. Quite awesome already, but I wanna add some poseability to it. Joints I'm looking to add are:

Knee Hinges
    Sideways/Outward Shoulders
    Bicep Swivel

Looking for some advice from anyone who would be willing to help or are doing a similar project. Thanks!

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

What size class is the kit roughly?

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

The kit is about voyager sized (a head taller than TFP RID Prime). My first thought was to use the shoulders and knee joints from a Classics voyager Prime but since trying to find an original is going to be expensive, a KO might be in order. Other than that, I think any blocky and/or chunky TF from the Energon & Cybertron lines might work as well (since some figures from these line tend to have some pretty big & sturdy hinges). Just keep an eye out for figures with block shoulder pads since most of the time it allows outward shoulder movement while the shoulder armor itself remains in place (since this is most likely what you're going to need for Fort Max).

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, I do have a cybertron Menasor doing sod all, maybe I could try fitting it inside the interior of the shoulder pieces for fit as that way it will still look as it did in the factory in outer appearance.