Adding a neck to a CHUG TF? (Wreck-gar)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by StBrianofMinneapolis, Mar 29, 2012.

1. StBrianofMinneapolis

StBrianofMinneapolis Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience or the need to add a neck to a TF?

I am trying to create the perfect CHUG Wreck-gar based on TFTM and the old cartoons. The RTS Wreck-gar's head sits proportionately about a half-head shorter than he could be, and maybe more when you add a Maiden Japan chest to him.

So, I want to add a neck and second ball joint to give him that distinct look. I also plan to add different taller feet and thighs to make him standout from the other Junkions and TFs.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

Do you have the Maiden Japan chest already? It pushes the chest out farther without crowding the head. If you're willing to completely sacrifice transformation, you could give it two left legs (the one with the seat on it), removing the wheel that would be in the way. The MJ wheel/shield is really good and you might want to replace the left shoulder with another right one. Since transformation is long gone by that point, you can give him a longer stemmed balljoint for the neck and make a squared neck piece out of styrene (kinda like the Revolvtech have) and redo the whole crotch and thigh assembly. Try Perceptor's, Kup's or Jazz's.

Just my thoughts.

3. StBrianofMinneapolis

I do have both of the chests from MJ. I fee. the head looks even stubbier when the chests are added to the torso.

Any advice on finding a longer stemmed ball joint?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Since this is a group help type of thread, it fits better in Creative General Discussion, so here we are!

5. zodconvoy

zodconvoy Well-Known Member

The one that connects the arm wheel to the shoulder is pretty long and the ball is only a little bit larger than the socket. Cut/drill the peg that's there and replace it with that. That way you don't waste the parts.

6. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Perhaps adding one of these ball joints could help? Seems like you could cobble an extension of some sort out of those sets. You'll probably have to try a few to find the right size, but they're cheap. Shipping's a bitch, though.

I've wondered about this as well, I'm quite interested to see what you come up with.

7. StBrianofMinneapolis

Billzilla, did you have a link to share? I'm not sure what ball joints you were referring to.

8. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    My mistake!

Hobby Supplies; Scratch-building Materials | HobbyLink Japan

This link has a ton of different kinds of ball joints, you may find something here that will work.

9. StBrianofMinneapolis

Wow, you totally jogged my memory. I have an extra set of revoltech ball joints sitting around that I had forgotten about.

On a sculpting note, I am using Model Magic Fusion as a prototype material to gauge sizing for a new chest piece for Wreck-gar. Does anyone on here use anything similar for a quick, clean, removable form before committing to the final sculpting material?
    http://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Model...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1333343438&sr=1-1

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012