Addicted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Sep 2, 2009.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I'm not addicted, but it would be hard to stop buying any time soon. I've been eye-balling them G1 toys on the internet...

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At one point I was worried that I might be too involved... I mean, thousands and thousands of toys? It sounds like a major personal issue/flaw of some kind. Am I buying these just to be buying? Am I buying things I don't really like just to hoard them?

In a strange way, Animated yielded the answer. When those toys appeared, I immediately realized there was absolutely no way I ever wanted them in my collection. It broke an enormous completionism streak and showed me that I DO have the ability to discern between toys I like/enjoy and those I don't... and that I won't buy something I don't like just because it says "Transformers" on it.

3. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I'm as addicted to collecting TFs as i'm addicted to air and water.

Ive been known to put my TF addiction above the other two from time to time.

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I could stop if I wanted to.

(maybe) :p 

5. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My girlfriend insists im addicted.... i really dont think its that bad. If i cant afford it i just dont buy anything..

6. rivalarod

rivalarod NACIXEM

I'm an addict...the girls @ Toys R us know me by name and so does the guy @ target in the electronics cause that where i rather by the toys than do the walk to the front cashiers. haha. but yeah i think i would have to be out of a job homeless before i ever think of stoping this transformer collecting. its gotten so bad i've got my lil bros back into toys as well, ones doing GI Joes and the other is doing misc. action figures from games/comics/etc. and i love it. haha.

7. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Addicted? never, just cause I have over 1400 figures why would you say that.
    Now where's the toy isle?

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Sometimes, yeah.

9. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, I got severely addicted to Transformers Animated due to the massive price clearance in my area. Early this year, I intended to just buy Deluxe Jazz, but once the stores started slashing prices, I fell into that hole.

On the bright side, I got Ultra Magnus, and he's the most kickass figure in the line.

10. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped buying the cartoon series toys as soon as the first movie came out and have only brought movie toys ever since then. I have only purchased one Revenge of the Fallen toy so far. I buy what only what I can afford to buy, and since I don't have a job at the moment, I need to save up what ever money I have and put Transformers aside. I enjoy collecting Transformers, that's why I've brought them for the last 7 years. It's not an addiction as much as it is a on and off hobby.

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Right now I'm anything but addicted. I really have no desire to get anything right now. The one exception to this is Ejector.

12. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

So far this summer (which is almost over) I bought ROTF Rampage and the ice cream truck brothers and that's it. I got Rampage because OMG NEW STUFF!!! but since then,and even before then,I haven't felt like I really needed to purchase anything that was coming out,other than the aforementioned ice cream truck,and no doubt I'll buy the toaster.
    I might get the Insecticon reissues,and if/when classics come back I'll consider the coolest ones,but I'm by no means an addicted toy hunter.

13. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Yes, addicted and there will never be an end to this until the day I die.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Look at my collection and you might say I'm addicted, but a lot of that was amassed back in my richer days where I'd buy almost everything with a TF label on it. Haven't been as enthused (or as rich) in recent years so I've skipped more figures than I might've five years ago. Things wavered around the Cybertron line, where I picked up probably only a quarter of it. These days I tend to just stick to Deluxes and legends for small TF 'fixes' unless I find something larger at a really good price in a sale. And occasionally I'll spring for a Leader or large set with birthday or Christmas cash.
    So, no, not addicted as far as I can tell. Of course if I had more cash I'd probably be buying more figures, but I'm sure many of us would be saying that. Right now though I look at all the stuff I already have and think I've gotta stop adding to it some day soon.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm pretty addicted, it's movie figures with me, they gotta be original, and close enough to scale. I fucking hate Wheelie, so I'm never picking him up, I don't want Ultimate Bumblebee, HASS or HABB. I just like the originality of the Movieverse, and I like to keep that.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Addicted?

>>

<<

Of course not, silly!

17. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Man, whenever there is a sale, I'm going out at least three times a week once there is new plastic crack.

18. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

Not since animated ended. Just waiting for the new toys now....

19. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Addicted? I'm addicted to looking. But I'm surprisingly resilient to not buying crap I really don't want. I made some ROTF purchases I regret, but we're all human.

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Not right now. Sometimes a few really awesome waves of a series come out and I HAVE to buy them all, but now I am a bit of the opposite. I'm just waiting for a few of the more awesome toys to come out.