Added Screenshots and info for DOTM Game

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Prowl, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome that we have a prequel, but they need a movie based game aswell, otherwise... NO SHOCKWAVE D=

2. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

And no Sentinel Prime either? Or perhaps both of them will be MP only.

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    yeah!

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I don't remember anyone bashing WfC. Pretty sure we all agree that it was a good game. We were just saying that the RotF game deserves more credit then it gets.

Really, both games have two different feels. WfC, since it takes place on Cybertron where everything is in-scale, feels more like a good third-person shooter based around Transformers while RotF felt more Transformers-y since it's on Earth, where you have to use your surroundings to your advantage. Climbing buildings, using debris as weaponry, hiding in alleyways and narrow streets, etc.

But that doesn't mean either one sucks.

5. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Check out his legs too on the back heel he has wheels also. I'm starting to think this may actually be his DOTM design... If that's the case I demand he be able to pull on his cloak Assassin's Creed style!

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's not and his legs are the same as his RotF design. You can't even see the feet, let alone the heels.

7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well...Im really kinda bummed. Die hard Gamer here. I played TF1 and didnt care for it. so I passed on ROTF. about 4 months ago I bought ROTF and I STILL have not put it down. With the Geewun DLC that game is the best TF game ever.

The controls were odd at first. I thought "why in the hell isnt there just a button to TF?!" and THEN I got used to it. its the BEST. My freinds and I have all since bought it, and we play online, all the game modes.

ROTF is the best TF game ever. I was hoping that DOTM would use the same engine and controls, but I guess not. I LIKE WFC, but its just unreal turnament or HALO where you transform. ROTF made for GREAT fights, especially with buddys that arent all using jetfire and that damn building glitch thing they do.

And with ALLL the cool stuff a TF fan like us can unlock like concept art, the propaganda posters...its the best. and some of those robots are SICK..that protectobot...the seeker..and that 76 Trans Am...awwwww man....too bad It wont be like that.
    anyone still like to play ROTF my gamertag is Snake_eyes1975 shoot me a FR and we'll play, cause I play it alot still. My 3 year old sits on my lap and watches and even he plays it. Im STILL in love with 360 ROTF

8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, I didnt see really any bashing...relax man. I like WFC, but I really believe ROTF is a better game. I play with my real life freinds every sunday night. its usually one of a few games. We all played WFC and love it, but its unanimus in our circle...ROTF is better, and waaaaay underrated.

Possibly the best movie tie in game EVA

9. 420bot

420bot ******

Prequel video game, ehhhh? That's actually pretty cool....or will it be lame!??!!!

10. EvaUnit-01

EvaUnit-01 Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Man, this sucks, So I can't play as Truck-a-tron? that was the one character I wanted to play as, I've only played campaign mode for all of my PS3 games because I don't have playstation online or whatever the hell you use an Ethernet cable for, so if Earth Megs is gonna be DLC then that just takes some of the fun away, all I can hope for is that Earth Megs will be an unlockable character in the game....hopefully. For the movie games I've only played Transformers Movie 1 on PS2, and ROTF on PS2, maybe I'll get ROTF for PS3 since you guys are giving me some interesting feedback. Any back on topic, I think that Cybertronian Megatron is in some funky looking proportions-but hey maybe its because Prime hacked off a good number of pieces.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well all we have so far for comparison is the voyager toy... and I suppose it's possible that the toy isn't the most accurate representation of the new design.

The image links on IGN's page are broken, but the hi-res version is here:
    IGN: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Pictures (X360) Full Size 3395784

I'd been thinking maybe he gets a replacement arm made from salvaged parts, and later reformats based around the vehicle they came from.

But then again this may actually be the finalised design. Not that I think it's terribly likely. It may not be so easy to apply all the last minute changes to the toy depending on how long it takes to get things through the pipeline.

12. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'm a bit worried about this "prequel" thing..it might be good but if we won't get movie story , I won't be that happy

13. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

why? the games are Movies with extra kibble added on, while i admit that DOTM has more VG potential then the last two, the Prequel means we see whats going on before the invasion or more accurately Before the RISING STORM comic which appears to be set on earth, i just hope its better then War for Cybertron i dont know why everyone loves that game so much, it could have been executed so much better you barely needed your vehicle forms, it was only 8 hours long, and Used it's multiplayer as its high point (i hate when games do that you can have a good game and good multiplayer), which was a mistake considering people would rather being playing call of duty multiplayer. hopefully this is a mix between the previous movie games and WFC

14. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

Fairly hopeful it will be decent. I did like Rotf game more so than the movie. And with WfC core gameplay inside, it should be good.

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm more exited than worried. It means they'll have more of a story to tell, without merely rehashing set pieces from the movie. It will give it extra relevance and get to be its own thing, take on a life of its own.

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I totally made a thread saying what if TF3 was like WfC but with TF3 over it. And I'm right. Ha.

17. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

High Moon is involved? Count me out. Still can't believe I paid £8 for WFC DLC that only came up in the playlist for me once, ever.

While ROTF wasn't a great game, at least the engine wasn't utterly broken like WFC. I used to get stuck on scenery, booted from games constantly and the lag was just heinous. Combined with High Moon's piss-poor support, I really can't justify supporting them again. Still, that's what you get with Activision. The middle finger.

18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    The thing is, WfC was good at capturing the G1 style of fighting aka standing around, blasting stuff. That was fun as a TPS. But ROTF was perfect at capturing the TF movie feel. Unless HM studios can capture this then this will fail in a sense. It doesn't mean that this won't be good, the movie have these moments too. Though I would like better cover.

I want this game to have the ROTF style of fighting - less CoD and more brawling. I'm sure if this is the EXACT same formulae as WfC then we can't be Optimus and do a "teaser trailer" on bots.

Apart from the controls the one thing ROTF did better than WfC in was DLC. OMG, I LOVED the DLC. All those characters.

It's better to be that it's a prequel because there's more creative freedom. Either way, a game adaptation would be loosely based on the movie anyway. As for DLC I'm sure we can have DOTM bots as extra characters.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I hope theres a mission where you have to help Megatron steal a tarp.